Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by SarahP12 View Post
Official diagnosis......lymphoma.
devastated.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. I do understand what you meant - I'd be the same wanting to know every detail and every option.

What's the next step?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Hello Sarah, I am sorry to hear about your dog being ill.

Some dogs respond very well to chemotherapy for lymphoma but no two dogs are the same. I guess anything is worth a try.

Best wishes to you and your dog..x
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I am so sorry that you have had the definite diagnosis of lymphoma - I know it was not what you wanted to hear.
I do hope you find a way forward for both yourself and your little girl. Hugs to you both
SarahP12
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I've went from the devastated mode to the survival mode. We'll do everything in our power to beat this. I'm concerned about her small size and how she will respond to treatment, she only weighs 5 pounds.

@Janie...I'm so very sorry that you lost your boy to this. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone, not even my worst enemy.

I've tried to be very proactive even before we had the official results. I researched and found the Budwig and cancer diets, so I spent all yesterday cooking her 5 different meals with cancer fighting human food. It's all divided up into 10 meals each, so right now I have her 50 meals full of lamb, chicken, salmon, beef liver, etc. I put veggies in all of it, cabbage, quinoa, extra salmon oil, sauteed in extra virgin, brown rice, flaxseed, kale, swiss chard, etc.

Hopefully the diet will help her. Now what I'm desperately searching for is ANYONE who has experience with herbs or supplements, natural treatments I can give to her as well.
ANYONE??

Our next step is an appointment on Monday morning at 11:00 am with University Cal Davis here in Northern California. They are supposedly one of the largest and best vet schools in the world. She will go there, and we'll find out treatment options. They currently have a lymphoma trial going on right now, her vet said if we can get her admitted into that trial it will be like winning the lottery for her. The trial gives standard treatment and then a "promising" drug on top of it.

We'll do whatever we can do. I'll fight this every step of the way. I will try anything, "regular" medicine/treatment, holistic treatment, changes in diet, herbs, etc.

After a week, I'm already tired....emotionally tired. I'm trying very hard to not let her sense my emotions and I'm trying to be strong for her. I'm a firm believer that they can feel things from us, so I'm trying to stay happy and upbeat and focus on what I can do to help win this war.

I'm kind of a fighter, so we'll tackle this head on. Any prayers would be appreciated though

Thanks to everyone for being so kind to me, I never expected to go through this. More attention needs to be brought to Lymphoma, I had no clue it was so prevalent.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2013, 03:53 AM
If you can get a copy of this lady's herbal books for cats & dogs it may help you. I think its out of print now however you may get it on eBay or secondhand somewhere. She initially trained as a Vet

Herbalist
Juliette de Baïracli Levy (11 November 1912 – 28 May 2009) was an English herbalist and author noted for her pioneering work in holistic veterinary medicine.[1][2][3] After studying veterinary medicine at the Universities of Manchester and Liverpool for two years, Bairacli Levy left England to study herbal medicine in Europe, Turkey, North Africa, Israel and Greece, living with gypsies, farmers and livestock breeders,[4][5][6][7] acquiring a fund of herbal lore from them in the process, most notably from the Gypsies. She has written several well-known books on herbalism[8] and nomadic living in harmony with nature,[9] in addition to fiction and poetry illustrated by Olga Lehmann.[10] After living for some time on the Greek island Kythira,[11] de Bairacli Levy resided in an old age home in Burgdorf, Switzerland .[12]

Just had quick look theres one cat & dog book on eBay at present from an international seller
SarahP12
New Member!
Female 

04-05-2013, 03:58 AM
@velvet, thank you very much....I'll find it!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2