Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-04-2013, 03:24 PM

Millie.........

For those who have been following her being poorly in the daily thread, I thought I would update you in a separate thread.

Not long got back from the vets, xrays done and basically she has server Spondylosis of the spine, from the base of her neck to her pelvis, which is also affected (cant remember the actual name) but its basically Spondylosis of the pelvis , and has a lot of degeneration.

The prognosis is hopefully once the inflammation around the vertebra settles down, she will feel much better.

the next stage if needed would be MRI scan mostly around the thoracic area to try to pinpoint the source of the pain, as it is now, we are only guessing due to the amount of inflammation,

If this does not settle the only other option is to operate, (which is not an opinion) due to the risk and her age... so in short , we control her pain, till it settles down, (hopefully) or........... well I don`t want to go there,

Intermittent attacks we can cope with, but if she was to have weeks like the last one , well none of us could cope with that.

Hopefully this will settle with spasmodic attacks, ( if at all) and we can keep her pain free.

Got to look at a few changes to her routine, getting in and out of the car for a starter

Thanks for listening.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 03:27 PM
At least you know what you are dealing with. I hope it all settles down and she gets some relief soon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I am so dreadfully sorry to hear this, but also glad that at least you know what you're looking at now. A friend of mine was diagnosed with that and I know diet was important, there are some foods that are a trigger, no idea how it applies to dogs though.
Poor Mollie, hope you find a way through it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

10-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I am so dreadfully sorry to hear this, but also glad that at least you know what you're looking at now. A friend of mine was diagnosed with that and I know diet was important, there are some foods that are a trigger, no idea how it applies to dogs though.
Poor Mollie, hope you find a way through it.
Mmmmm might look at that, I also think losing some weight might help too...a lot to look into , all we want to to keep her from having any more weeks like this one has been .
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
I have everything crossed you can keep the pain under control for Millie and that she is soon back to being her self.
Carole
Supervisor

10-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Got my fingers crossed that you can get the pain under control At least you know know there is nothing else nasty hiding in that area
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

10-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Hopefully you can get the pain under control and keep it under control, and if you can manage to get some weight off Millie then that will probably help as well.

And as Carole said, at least you know know there is nothing nasty hiding in that area .

(((hugs))) xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Well, at least you know what you are dealing with and I have all fingers and toes crossed that with appropriate pain relief and changes in lifestyle, Millie will be okay.

I do feel for you, I am so sorry.
Meg
Supervisor

10-04-2013, 06:00 PM
JB I am really sorry to learn about Millie

The prognosis is hopefully once the inflammation around the vertebra settles down, she will feel much better.
That's good , I guess it is a matter of getting the pain relief just right.
I hope the weather warms up a bit soon I think pain always feels worse when it is cold and a bit of laying in the sun may help Millie.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Good to see your thread, I was worrying because I hadn't seen you.
Well poor old Millie. I hope that you can get on top of the pain and that you will be able to keep her comfortable.
Thinking of you.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »