SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Dont you think the name is little bit to much like poison ...lol:O

Well with an accent it is ..lol
Hehe!

I actually thought it sounded like the type of name given to an over-engineered sciency type food. It doesn't scream "natural"
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
No it's not the same company as Orijen. Orijen is made in Alberta Canada, by Champion Pet Foods who ONLY make Orijen and Acana, and only make them in their own manufacturing plant in Alberta.

That food looks really decent though, and certainly seems modeled after Orijen (their bag even has similar graphics)

BTW, I would not feed Taste of the Wild. It is made by Diamond who had all those horrid recalls for salmonella. Turns out their plants are disgustingly dirty, and there is no routine testing of microorganisms. They've probably cleaned up their act, but for how long?
Eurgh that's not good about Taste of the Wild!

It sounds like Purizon could be a good alternative for Orijen feeders in the UK; fewer air miles and all that malarkey.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2012, 11:49 AM
I emailed David at which dog food and he is going to put a analysis on the site next week also on there you can compare dog foods to see which comes up better x
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-09-2012, 04:44 PM
For anyone who doesn't know, Topcashback.uk give 5% cashback for Zooplus orders (excluding VAT) & I got £3.50 back today via them
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by rita1 View Post
For anyone who doesn't know, Topcashback.uk give 5% cashback for Zooplus orders (excluding VAT) & I got £3.50 back today via them
Ooh how does that work? I always use zooplus so would be handy!

Mine are on taste of the wild but I don't like how high it is in calcium, so I've just ordered some purizon.
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Just register with Topcashback - it's free - then search for store or product you want and click the link to take you to the site, and don't come out of it until you've ordered. There are quite a few pet suppliers on there & loads of other stores/insurers, etc. Full instructions are Topcashback.
SneaksyWhippet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Or get a referall link from someone, which is even better!

I would most certainly be happy to oblige
rita1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Yes, forgot to mention, Topcashback members get £10 for every new person they refer who then uses the site. No benefit for the new person, but they can obviously then go on to introduce other people & get their £10. If someone quotes my identification, which is, http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/purchases, I get £10, but I didn't raise the subject for that reason, but just to let those who don't know that it's a good way of saving money
Bevm
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by rita1 View Post
Analysis of Purizon Adult is

Moisture 8.5 %
Calcium 1.3 %
Omega-3 fatty acid 0.6 %
Omega-6 Fatty acid 2.18 %
Phosphor 1.14 %
ash 8.0 %
fibre 2.5 %
fat 17.0 %
protein 41.0 %

The manufacturers are Matina - can't find anything about them

Zooplus have got £10 off at moment, so might give it a try instead of Orijen.
Wouldnt use this too high in protein for a wolfhound
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Well I wouldn't say they went mad for the Purizon (fish) but they're eating it and no digestive problems noted. I think they prefer Orijen though.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >