register for free

Dog News

Pair condemned for producing “presweiler” pups

...has received 28 comments (page 2)
Garethone
New Member!
Male 

03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
May well be a breeding purely for financial gain but labelling a presa and a rotty as a dangerous breed is both incorrect and truly outdated. Mixing large breeds is not new, it has been done for centuries so why this obscure breeding would grab such attention is strange. Presa Canario's are not particulrly rare anymore and the majority of bloodlines imported to the UK from Canaries, Balaerics, Spanish mainland have wonderful working capabilities.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes, and they being sold as family pets. Presas and Rotties are certainly not for the inexperienced. Very handsome crossbreeds but absolutely no sensible reason to produce these pups.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2012, 06:19 PM
And with all this publicity, they`ll have no problem getting future litters sold.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2012, 07:00 PM
Assuming that no health tests were done on the dam and sire - this is what really bothers me most. That, and the way these blokes are now offering their dog at stud.....

Now, all that being said, the resulting mix of breeds is a stunning looking dog. But I would think ideally for experienced owners...
hillybegs
New Member!
Female 

05-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Totally agree with you Brundog, I was just going to say the same myself. no need to reproduce any dogs for a long while, there are soooo many out there needing homes, and all this breeding just makes for sick mutants, and it's all for money anyway.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-01-2012, 09:09 PM
i know its unlikley but how do you know they didnt do health tests ?

and people cross bred breeds to make every dog breed we have today, to make new breeds it needs to happen
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm wondering if any pet insurance company will take them on?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:37 PM
@ Marley - they did actually say they didn't need tests, health problems are cancelled out by crossbreeding according to this uneducated, naive chav that's producing these dogs. And no we don't need new breeds. All the breeds we have were created for a REAL purpose, whether for hunting, guarding or even bed warming. These days we have no need to create new breeds, especially just for the pet market. What are these dogs for if not making money for the breeder? That is their sole purpose and that is sad.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
@ twix - the owners only have to call them a cross breed or mongrel - they don't have to declare what they are crossed with. They can even say unknown cross if asked.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2012, 10:52 PM
@Lokis Mum

Ive just looked at one pet insurance website & they will not cover Presas (& a few other breeds) OR any dog crossed with them. It makes for a very grey area if there was an incident and the pup was then found to be part Presa, I guess the insurance would be invalid?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top