View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 05:44 PM
From what I hear many societys are trying to boost entries at open shows so doesnt sound like they are exactly over run
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Even though they KC have given the option for clubs to allow unentered dogs in with the means to hold owners responsible it is entirely up the the clubs or shows for them to make the decision. It is still not your right.

Which is why it has been advised to check with the secretary first.

The letter to all secretaries and the book of entry slips were sent a couple of years ago. We got them when I was a secretary so any time from 2005.

If you want to know the rules you can purchase an up to date year book and it has all the rules in.
I didn't say it was my right I just asked where the information was so I was aware of it.

As I said nearly all the schedules I see advise only dogs over 6 months of age and must be entered NFC - except breed which do allow 4months and over.

I did hear a general champ trialled the spectator and this included people who were competing - and it was a much cheaper alternative than entering NFC.

I won't be purchasing a rule book thanks - not sure why I need one.

I don't know why you feel the need to speak quite so down to me - whilst I am new to showing (6 years and still learning) I wouldn't' feel the need to address information to someone quite like you have to me.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
From what I hear many societys are trying to boost entries at open shows so doesnt sound like they are exactly over run
Sadly think all shows are suffering - people just can't justify the cost of fuel along with entries etc.

I love the open shows love the atmospheres at them and am lucky to be local to two venues.

I think people probably choose champ shows over opens if a choice and not with a local venue.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Sadly think all shows are suffering - people just can't justify the cost of fuel along with entries etc.

I love the open shows love the atmospheres at them and am lucky to be local to two venues.

I think people probably choose champ shows over opens if a choice and not with a local venue.
It does seem very epensive, I learned yesterday you even need to buy your own rosettes at champ level too even though youve paid 22 quid to enter
I suppose people want the CCs and the crufts quals at the end of the day, poor open shows
and as for the price of fuel
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:28 PM
It does seem very epensive, I learned yesterday you even need to buy your own rosettes at champ level too even though youve paid 22 quid to enter
I suppose people want the CCs and the crufts quals at the end of the day, poor open shows
and as for the price of fuel
Oh the champs are good fun too - and yes nice to get qualified for Crufts

£22 is a cheap champ - some are up to £28! with fuel on top and car parking!

I buy rosettes for special show wins - but don't buy them each champ show anymore.

When you have more than one dog it is a very expensive day - a cost I don't' want to work out sometimes! best not knowing - I have started car sharing with someone in my breed now and again to champs - helps with the fuel cost - and company for along journey!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:29 PM
PS I dont think Leadstaffs meant you to feel like that she really is very nice
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 08:52 PM
PS I dont think Leadstaffs meant you to feel like that she really is very nice
Thanks I probably read it wrong - just seemed like I was having the book thrown at me
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Just got this LOVELY reply off the secretary

Dear Sarah
Please come along with your puppy and have a look at what goes on. We do have classes on for Bassett Hounds so you will be able to see how they are shown. Please come along to my table at the top of the hall, and say hello.
Regards
Jean

Just goes to show if you dont ask you dont get
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I didn't say it was my right I just asked where the information was so I was aware of it.

As I said nearly all the schedules I see advise only dogs over 6 months of age and must be entered NFC - except breed which do allow 4months and over.

I did hear a general champ trialled the spectator and this included people who were competing - and it was a much cheaper alternative than entering NFC.

I won't be purchasing a rule book thanks - not sure why I need one.
You can get a copy of just the show Rules & regs for breed shows for £1.50-they can come in useful you don't really need all the year book
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 01:26 PM
It would be interesting to know the rules and be able to quote it to secretaries as of course everyone wants to take their youngsters to shows as early as possible for the experience.[/QUOTE]

This why I said you could buy the year book. It is the only way to know all the rules and be able to quote to secretaries.

Other than that you can do a seminar which might be your best option if you are new to showing. But the seminar will only give you an overview.

Every club secretary has to get a year book every year to keep themselves updated.

I was not talking doen to year just answering you question.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >