Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tedsui
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Butchers Tripe as a main food

I have been alternating feeding my Bichon Frise who is just over 3 and weighs about 7.5 to 8 kgs., with a tin of of Butchers Tripe Grain Free Tripe Loaf Recipe 400g tin a day. On the other days he is eating Natures Menu nuggets, 8 at each meal (he is fed twice a day). Should I add kibble or mixer biscuit to the Butchers or is 200g each meal sufficient for him? He is a scavenger on the walks and will pick up and eat most anything he can (one reason he is walked mainly on an extending lead). I'm concerned that I might be underfeeding him but I'm just not sure. Would appreciate your comments please x
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2019, 09:23 AM
Both the Butchers and Natures Menu that you have mentioned are "Complete" meals. I would suggest that anything that either of these products does not have then the other will. Between the two I am sure your feeding is fine and that no mixer biscuits or kibble is required.

I think your chap is quiet heavy enough and would not suggest that you put any more weight on him. You could quiet probably make his meals a little smaller.

Your Natures Menu nuggets are a good choice, could you consider reducing the nuggets and offer a raw chicken wing in their place, 3 to 4 times a week. Raw chicken bones are perfectly safe, they are very nutritious and very good for dental hygiene.

Enjoy
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2019, 01:18 PM
If his weight is fine and he has enough energy, your feeding regime is fine

An awful lot of dogs will beg food continuously because their instinct kicks in and food means life.

Our job is to ensure that they are fed adequately and not give in to their demands