Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 02:40 PM
THanks everyone.

Just had another look through and it makes very sad reading indeed. It's disgusting that someone bred 42 puppies in a single quarter. Their motive for registering them is dubious though, I agree it could be to make sure they have accurate records, but also just to dupe people into thinking they are in fact KC reg.

As for speying the bitches after 2 litters then rehoming, that's top standard compared to some puppy farmers who have 6/8 litters from a bitch, then dump them at a rescue or tie them to a lampost to be found with no care as to where they'll go I suppose !

I was just so surprised....42 puppies !!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I doubt very much they care where their puppies go or the bitches. They neuter them so no-one else breeds from them so they have no competition. It seems to be standard practice amongst oodle breeders to send puppies out on neuter contracts, in fact this is creeping into other breeds too. There is a poodle breeder who insists on all her puppies being neutered because she is breeding a colour relatively new in the breed (and I'm not talking non-standard :smt002 ) yet I find that very short sighted because what happens if something happens to the one you've kept and you need to keep your lines going?
Becky
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I doubt very much they care where their puppies go or the bitches. They neuter them so no-one else breeds from them so they have no competition. It seems to be standard practice amongst oodle breeders to send puppies out on neuter contracts, in fact this is creeping into other breeds too. There is a poodle breeder who insists on all her puppies being neutered because she is breeding a colour relatively new in the breed (and I'm not talking non-standard :smt002 ) yet I find that very short sighted because what happens if something happens to the one you've kept and you need to keep your lines going?
Becky
Yes I agree. I can understand neutering older dogs who are past breeding age possibly, but not puppies. I know when I've spoken to Australian breeders, many of whom 'fix' their puppies before they leave, many have had problems in the future when they have perhaps needed a dog back, and it's caused problems when continuing their own lines, and they've then had to 'shop' outside of their lines again !
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Some rescue orgs names are often used in Activities register names as well. Not everyone knows the names of every rescue and might see a lot of dogs with a particular name without realising its not to do with a breeder, ie my girls are Wiccaweys Pure Silk and Wiccaweys T`Akaya Of Salish, Wiccaweys being the rescue they came from, and there are a lot of Valgray dogs on the register too, among other rescues - just pointing it out for any readers who may have come across the same multi-name issue and might have wondered about it, its not all breeders involved.

That said, anyone buying a crossbreed pup and being told by the crossbreed breeder that the activities register is anything other than a registry to enable participation in KC activities like Agility etc, don`t be taken in about it
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2008, 09:46 PM
It's not very likely though that one rescue would have 42 dogs registered with their name by all the different owners in just one quarter. I think that kind of naming though is great!
Becky
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2