View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:01 PM
WOW! Sounds like you two are doing great! I do plan on starting agility or something with Kia very soon (She's one on Thursday! ) So its nice to see how good others are doing in the early days. Kia is a bit nervy of new people so might take her a little while to get used to things but I'm hoping it'll build her confidence up a bit. As well as being fun fun fun!!!

Keep us posted H!

Sarah xoxox
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Re. touching the points - I taught Daisy a Go Slow command (I use `Steady`) during ordinary training (walking at different paces) which has proved useful for all sorts of things - the seesaw, finishing the A-frame etc. It stops them missing the contact points.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah & Mike View Post
WOW! Sounds like you two are doing great! I do plan on starting agility or something with Kia very soon (She's one on Thursday! ) So its nice to see how good others are doing in the early days. Kia is a bit nervy of new people so might take her a little while to get used to things but I'm hoping it'll build her confidence up a bit. As well as being fun fun fun!!!

Keep us posted H!

Sarah xoxox
Thanks Sarah, you really must, but find a good club, with good equipment (did you see the website of mine I put up?), and personally, from what you say about Kia, it's much better to start on a one to one basis, just so she gets her confidence before you start going into classes with others. Zena is very wary of new people too, especially ones holding a 2nd lead on her which we had to do for the A-frame and dog walk, and my trainer laughs when she says "she's still wary of me a bit", but then later on Zena always goes up to her and kisses her on her hand, but like all gsd's, that's what you have to wait for, they have to make the first move ya see!

Your Kia is made for this, and you dont have to worry as much as I did with the growing joints, so I'd start as soon as you find somewhere you're comfortable with and take it very slowly just like we have, but that's a good trainer, some of them are rubbish and just want your money and let your dog have a good time, but for me, that's not what I want, I'd rather pay that bit extra and have somebody I trust (plus she's got shepherds herself!). Good luck, I'll be watching out for your agility threads soon I hope!!!

I might even get some pics tomorrow if I'm lucky, I'm going to ring a friend of mine and see if she'll pop along with me, I'm sooooo proud of her, I want you to see just how brave she is this girl of mine!!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Re. touching the points - I taught Daisy a Go Slow command (I use `Steady`) during ordinary training (walking at different paces) which has proved useful for all sorts of things - the seesaw, finishing the A-frame etc. It stops them missing the contact points.
Thanks Claire, I've made a note of that, so I'll be practicing out on our walks I think, just like I did to teach my heelwork. The trouble with me is, I get so darned excited the way she's gone up and over the A-frame, or zoomed across the dog walk, that I seem to forget the words to use to slow her down at that white marker! It could be my age, maybe I'm too old for all this, but Zena thinks otherwise!!!

I can't WAIT to get her up on that table and get a down, coz she loves her "down" she goes flat instantly, but we'll see, I expect that's a long way off along with that see-saw perhaps!
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5