Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Serious shaking

I'm worried about Sadie, she heard a gate close in the wind, and she wont stop shaking. She's panting and shaking and sticking very close to me, her ears back and alsorts, I know it's because of the fireworks but she's heard the gate slam shut a million times before so it's just weird. Any tips to calm her down, I've darkened the room we're in and got the tv on loud and got vanilla candles on.
We're ignoring her shaking and she has water down. But other than that I ont know what else to do
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 07:53 PM
The only thing I can think of is the bang gave her a fright after all the fireworks. You said normally she wouldn't react to it but maybe the fireworks just made her more jumpy than normal.

I don't have a reactive dog so can't offer any advice but I really hope she recovers soon. Poor soul *hugs*
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I have two reactive, one isnt, one barks, the Sadie shakes and Louie just wuffs at a few then sleeps, She's gone home now (as she is my neighbours) so she'll be ok with the cat to cuddle and I did hear a few go off after I took her home. So it could be a long night for her owners
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Could the wind be bothering her? I can't decide wether my foster is restless today because he was done yesterday or because the winds so strong,he doesn't lke the dark much or the rain ,got him on sat so the combination of all the above plus fireworks don't help much! Hope she calms down soon.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Could the wind be bothering her? I can't decide wether my foster is restless today because he was done yesterday or because the winds so strong,he doesn't lke the dark much or the rain ,got him on sat so the combination of all the above plus fireworks don't help much! Hope she calms down soon.
Oh dear, hope your foster calms down too Sadie should be fine and it may be the wind, we have a vent in the room that needs blocking up so it could be
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks he seems ok today,so ok he got his cone off when i was upstairs little monkey, stitches ok though Hows Sadie now has she stopped shaking?