View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Hector and Jo get goats milk porridge for b/fast when it is cold. Cant see the problem really.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
All my dogs have always had porridge about once a week, I like it and so do they, as I'm also lactose sensitive I use lactose free milk and I don't have sugar on it either. I wouldn't use the instant stuff as it's like baby food but real porridge only takes 5 minutes to cook anyway.

Porridge Oats: Porridge oats have a high content of complex carbohydrates and soluble fibre so they release energy slowly giving your dog more energy. The soluble fibre is also essential for healthy digestion. Furthermore, containing protein porridge oats also contain a large number of necessary vitamins and mineral for healthy growth including calcium, zinc, iron, manganese, thiamine and vitamins B1 and E.
thanks for that info, I may try a drop of porridge on show days, it may just give them that bit of extra energy.
Whitaker1579
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by honeysmummy View Post
Not sure..but one greyhound website i was looking at suggested you feed them weetabix or cornflakes for breakfast!!
I aint gonna do that!!
When I got Gucci as a puppy my breeder told me to give him Weetabix (with milk) for breckfast, scrambled egg for lunch and complete puppy food for dinner (soaked in water) which I did and he loved it, but before long he was just on complete puppy food with some tinned food for added taste, for convienience and I was also worried that he might not be getting anough of the 'good stuff'.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2009, 02:07 PM
I give the puppies when they come in porridge but I make it with goats milk instead of cows.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4