View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 01:49 PM
My OH and two of our children are veggies, they eat a lot of Quorn products, on the odd occasion they've given some to my dogs they promptly brought it all back up again, so we've not risked it since.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 02:02 PM
oh just remembered qourn normally has onions in everything as well!
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-09-2008, 02:42 PM
'Ella has quite happily scoffed any dropped bits (I dislike feeding her "people food" as a rule) and my parrot (now living with my ex-husband) was very fond of Quorn products! She particularly liked Quorn mince in tomato paste with pasta shapes - nice and tasty and wonderfully messy to play with while she ate! And potato products... she was a particular swine for stealing potato waffles and smiley faces from plates I've never had any problems with either of them eating it every now and then, but I think that it probably isn't suitable as a staple part of a dogs diet (I know that's not your intention - was just thinking aloud )

My OH isn't vegetarian (I have been for almost thirteen years), but he quite happily eats Quorn, Linda McCartney and other "meat-alternatives" and quite often says he can't really tell the difference. We're currently going through a Quorn and mushroom pie phase at home!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 03:48 PM
I am a veggie and my dogs sometimes have quorn with no ill effects .
I recently had some quorn smoked ham flavour cold " meat " with a salad . It looks revolting but it tastes lovely
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 07:05 PM
This is an interesting question because I believe some types of mushrooms can be toxic to dogs, maybe some wild varieties?

There's something here under Poisonous Plants:

http://www.ccc.govt.nz/Animals/DogPoisons.asp
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I am a veggie and like Lucky Star has pointed out I thought Mushrooms weren't good for dogs. Quorn mince is yummy
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Sorry all I haven't been on for a few days but thank you all very much for all of your input. Some very interesting points on here for me to consider!
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2008, 05:39 PM
im a veggie and my dogs will eat quorn (well they will eat anything) never had any side effects. By the way the Asda's own vege mince is soooo much nicer in a spag bol thn the quorn version
xxJonnyCxx
New Member!
Male 

24-09-2008, 05:56 PM
hey, well i don't think dogs should have food that people eat. i know people that have dogs with food that they, i know poeple who only give there dogs what they eat, shepard pie and al of that XD and its ill alot lol
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I've been a veggie since I was 4 years old, and I'm 50 this year.Quorn doesn't taste of much, its what you cook it with that gives it flavour, garlic, chillies, onions etc,I make a great tasting chilli con carne, spag bol etc with quorn mince, and use the "chicken" quorn to make "chicken" jalfrezi, and other curries,If I see a recipe I like the look of i just use quorn as a meat substitute, and away I go,when i was a kid there were no meat substitutes, so I think quorn is great.I don't give quorn to my dogs though,I don't think its the best thing for them, they get fresh meat.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >