View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Poor Cassie.. hope it was nothing serious and that it was just a one off. Sending hugs and positivity. x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Poor Cassie.. hope it was nothing serious and that it was just a one off. Sending hugs and positivity. x
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Healing vibes for poor Cassie, I hope it's good news from the Vets, sending you big (((HUGS))) xx
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I've just seen this Jackie, hope you get some news soon

Big hugs to Cassie xx
Thanks everyone. John's just rang to say they are home from the vets. It was an epileptic seizure but her pupils were responding fine and the vet was happy that she's ok although a bit subdued. It could very well be a one off but we have to keep an eye on her for the next 4 weeks and obviously get back in touch if she has another one. At this stage as it's only happened once, it could be anything really. The vet told John that although it was very distressing for him to watch, she wouldn't have been aware of anything and he did the right thing by comforting her til she came out of it. I'm sure a lot of you with epileptic dogs will be able to explain it much better than me. I just hope it never happens again. John said his mate Steve picked them up from the vet and Cassie loves him to bits so he got his face washed and her tail was up and wagging. Fingers crossed we never see another one anyway. Thanks everyone for your support. I just want to go home and give her a cuddle now.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 02:39 PM
So glad she's feeling her normal self again.

As you say, there will be people on here that can give you more info, but I would hope that her age is a more positive sign - doesn't hereditary epilepsy usually show up at between 1-2 years of age? (though of course there may be other types).

Poor you having to wait to get home and give her a cuddle, though she is certainly in good hands with your OH
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh Jackie, I'm so sorry I missed all of this..... *hugs*

One of my Shibas was epileptic, but it was very well controlled with drugs, and I only ever saw one fit (she was rehomed by me). It is pretty ghastly to watch, I think the confusion the dog experiences when it comes round is just the worst.

Hope this was just a one-off for Cassie, but if not, it can be controlled, so don't fret......

x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Pleased to hear Cassie is back to her normal self lets hope its a one off as it must be very distressing for you and John.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh Jackie, I'm so very sorry to be reading all of this. I will hope and pray with everything I got that this won't happen to my dear little cybergirl ever again. I'm totally gobsmacked as you and John must be. I was so pleased to read she licked John's friend to death in the car, so at least she is fine in herself thank God. Please give her a gentle hug from me too when you get home. You take care and don't worry too much, the vet says she's ok now. xxxxxxxxx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 03:56 PM
o poor cassie , im thinking of you , i really hope its just one of those things ,just happened once , we love them so much, its really ,upsetting isnt it . hope she is back to her happy little self ,(i would say dont worry mom and dad )but i know you will ,she a little beauty
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
So glad she's feeling her normal self again.

As you say, there will be people on here that can give you more info, but I would hope that her age is a more positive sign - doesn't hereditary epilepsy usually show up at between 1-2 years of age? (though of course there may be other types).

Poor you having to wait to get home and give her a cuddle, though she is certainly in good hands with your OH
Thanks for that. I'm home now and she's just taken a ball to John to play

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh Jackie, I'm so sorry I missed all of this..... *hugs*

One of my Shibas was epileptic, but it was very well controlled with drugs, and I only ever saw one fit (she was rehomed by me). It is pretty ghastly to watch, I think the confusion the dog experiences when it comes round is just the worst.

Hope this was just a one-off for Cassie, but if not, it can be controlled, so don't fret......

x0x0x
Thanks Vicki. I know it can be very well controlled. I just hope it doesn't need to be if you know what I mean. John said the worst part was she didn't know him when she came out of it. He said it was just awful. She's just had a piece of his pizza though and is playing so it's lovely to see her behaving normallyxx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Pleased to hear Cassie is back to her normal self lets hope its a one off as it must be very distressing for you and John.
Thanks Lynn.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh Jackie, I'm so very sorry to be reading all of this. I will hope and pray with everything I got that this won't happen to my dear little cybergirl ever again. I'm totally gobsmacked as you and John must be. I was so pleased to read she licked John's friend to death in the car, so at least she is fine in herself thank God. Please give her a gentle hug from me too when you get home. You take care and don't worry too much, the vet says she's ok now. xxxxxxxxx
Thanks Aitch. She seems fine now and is laid at my feet eating the chocolate off a chocolate bone! She was all over me when I came in and has been fussing us both, totally back to herself. I have delivered your hug. We're trying not to worry and i'm so glad to be home to see she's ok for myself. xxxxx

Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
o poor cassie , im thinking of you , i really hope its just one of those things ,just happened once , we love them so much, its really ,upsetting isnt it . hope she is back to her happy little self ,(i would say dont worry mom and dad )but i know you will ,she a little beauty
Thanks. She's definitely back to her happy little self.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 04:17 PM
just caught this thread.
Hope its just a one off - hugs to cassie baby from us here
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm so glad she is okay.

I hope it is a one-off - you probably know what we go through with Loki. If there's anything I can do, any help or advice I can offer, please let me know. I will try to look out for your posts but let's hope that this was an isolated seizure.

xxx
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »