Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

07-04-2005, 12:30 PM

Wanted.....you!!!!

Mentors and Prefects wanted!!!!!!!!

Ok guys fancy being a Mentor or a Prefect? What is one?!

Mentors

Our Mentors will help newbies whenever they can and do their best to welcome them and help them fit in. A Mentor will know how to use the Dogweb site like the back of their hand! Know how to post pictures and know where to find out how to do something if they don't know themselves. You will be 'assigned' new members 'in turn' and you take them under your wings untill they've reached 100 posts or as long as it takes for them to 'fly' You will be a respected member who is kind and considerate and enjoy helping others out - your sole aim is to make newbies feel welcome and glad they joined Dogweb! You will also be given a new 'tag' and your name will show in a different colour on the 'whos online' bit! Just to weed out the fameseakers... be warned 'test accounts' will be signed up by admin to make sure you are actualyl helping people!! lol

Prefects

Prefects will more than likely be Mentors who have held that position for a while but in addition know the Dogweb rule book like the back of thier hands! Prefects are diplomatic and non-judgemental - prefects do not let their own personal opinions get in the way of their duties. Thier duties include what the Mentors do (but are no longer 'assigned' new members) but also keep an eye out on the board and 'step in' in things are getting a bit too heated. Prefects work with moderators and report 'situations' when and as necessery.

Moderators

Mods are people who have previoulsy done the above two jobs for sometime and have proved they're able to take on the responsibility of acually being able to edit/delete/move posts and threads around. Mods can also have an impact on peoples 'reputations' and ban users who break the rules!

-------------------

So.. at the moment we are looking for Mentors! Then later some of these will progress to Prefects and so on.

We have a few mods already at present so are ok to get on with.

Come on guys - have you got what it takes?!

(ps these are voluntary non-paid positions!)
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Really all Azz wants are minders for me, to stop me being norty!
Annestaff
Supervisor

07-04-2005, 12:46 PM
Well you could certainly be a prefect as you know all the rules cause you break enough of them!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Eraze
Come on guys - have you got what it takes?
It's whether you think we've got what it takes!!

Not sure whether I should, but I'll stick my hand up. Done moderating and Admin before(although not on this board)
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 12:56 PM
i wanna do it
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm no good, i dont even know how to put picks up yet
puppydog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I registered on here about 2 weeks ago and am fairly good with navigating and finding my way round sites, well I thought I was! I cannot seem to find an appropriate place to introduce myself? I then came across a plight for Mentors and thought maybe this is a good place... I would really appreciate it if some one could take me under their 'paw' for a short while and teach me the rules!

Thank you
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Puppydog - go HERE and click on 'new thread' at the top, to make an introduction
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

07-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Oh you beat me too it Hev http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Annestaff
Supervisor

07-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Good job as well I'd hate to think you'd took me under your wing
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »