View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Poor Teddy, he is in the best place and I am sure he will pick up soon.
(((gentle hugs))) for your little bear

xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Poor Teddy , I agree with ZB one of my puppis had an awful reaction to wormer, HE was so poorly and your we Teddy sounds very similar , Hope he recovers quickly and it nothing serious , Big hugs to you and teddy xxxxxdk
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi zoeybeau1

I don't think she did worm him at all as he was riddled with them but my vet gave me panacur granules which he had on Wednesday, thursday and friday. He got worse on Friday night.

Julie
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Ah poor wee sole I hope he improves Julie he is a wee darling.
XXXX
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Julie, so sorry you hear you are having such problems with your puppy. If your puppy threw up live worms I doubt very much he had been wormed with a veterinary prescribed wormer like Panacur/Drontal,they are excellent if used correctly. Perhaps the breeder bought a wormer from the pet shop, not a good idea .

Don't worry about leaving Teddy at the vets, the veterinary nurses will give him lots of hugs and attention and he really does need to be on a drip and constantly monitored. Have you got a favorite cuddly toy you can take in for him?

Worms can cause all sorts of problems, although with an none vaccinated puppy I would be concerned about Parvo Virus.

Sending healing thoughts for your little one xx
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Poor little mite, try not to worry too much they are usually tougher than they look. Be thinking of him and hope you have him home soon.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh poor you, you must be worried sick. Hopefully the vets can sort Teddy out and you'll have him back home in next to no time.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Here`s hoping he perks up soon. he is in the best place even if it means you cant be with him.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh poor Teddy, I didnt see the first thread, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Big hugs
xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry to be reading this about your poor little puppy, and sorry I missed the first thread too, you must be so upset about him, poor little mite.

He's in the best possible place, and I'm sure he'll be fine under expert care. If it's any consolation, I once had a little spaniel puppy who was terribly, terribly ill at a young age too, in fact I can't even remember whether she had her first jabs or not she was so tiny, but then I got her from a puppy farm, I didn't know better in those days. My vet said she probably had distemper and although he let me take her home, he probably thought she wouldn't make it so didn't bother to keep her in on a drip or anything, and he said I was to feed her anything she would eat, even chocolate if that's what she'd eat! Very strange I know, but I nursed her back to health purely on my own, and probably feeding her the chocolate too, so don't give up hope, yours is getting all the help and care he needs, they do miracles at the surgery nowadays. I know how attached you are already to him, we're all the same, so we know how very upset you must be, and the good old Dogsey vibes work wonders too at times like this Poor little chap, it's heartwrenching when you have to see then like this feeling so inadequate isn't it, but they know what he needs, and you'll be having him back in no time I hope.xxxxxxx
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »