View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Leather every time! We have two 2-seater leather reclining sofas bought in 1999 and they still look fab! I was a "fabric" person prior to this, but I'll never go back
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 05:58 PM
On my 2nd leather one now, first one was beige and I must admit it somehow got quite dirty over 5 years even though the dogs never got on it? Must have been my chocolate then!!!! Now I've gone for an extra large, extra soft brown one (to match the chocolate!!!!). Yes, they're cold, well as warm as your room obviously but what I do, is I've got a large soft throw and I fold it in half and put it on the bottom and tuck it in at the back and sides, and I've got a 2nd one of those to put over me coz it's more cosy for lying on watching the telly Then I got too hot and have to throw it all on the floor! Lol!

YOu can't beat leather for looks and easy cleanings, and in the summer of course you benefit when lying on something nice and cool too!
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Has to be leather for me and the dogs. I have the same comments as everyone else and the fact that they don't smell even after two dogs lounging on it all night. I could never get rid of the doggy smell from my last fabric sofa, even with numerous professional cleans. I bought my analine sofas from DFS and found the service excellent, they even provide a service if your sofa should get ripped or needs repair. My sofa is very soft and I do get the ocassional scratch mark from the dogs but it easily cleans off with a good leather cleaner and conditioner.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Easy-leather!!! Wipes clean,looks superb-what more reasons are there!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:38 PM
This is a fab thread as we're just about to buy new sofas. Always had fabric but SCS has a great price on leather at the moment so think we'll be looking at them now. Thanks guys
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
This is a fab thread as we're just about to buy new sofas. Always had fabric but SCS has a great price on leather at the moment so think we'll be looking at them now. Thanks guys
You'll never go back Jackie
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Yes I had a look in SCS two weeks ago, as its near to me and they had some fabulous sofas there but I didn't know what to look for in the leather, hence this thread.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
You'll never go back Jackie
Cheers mate. OH wasn't sure about it being cold in winter and hot in summer and fading but as we don't get direct sunlight where it's going to be and after all your comments will definitely give it a go. The deal is amazing. The 3 seater is down to £395 from £800!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Looks like it will be leather then, with all the comments about easy to keep clean. Now another question. Which is the best leather to go for? My mind is boggled with all the analine, semi-aniline, hard, soft, etc, etc. Why don't they just keep it simple with stars to compare quality with?
There is a grading system so go for the bet you can afford. I know when we got ours from Land of Leather all the suites were graded and the one we (or rather I lol) picked was the highest/thickest quality, hence was also the most expensive (no change there then lol). It's the same style leather as my Dior bag too!

We are very happy with our suite. We also paid £195 for 5 yers insurance and that includes a free clean when we want (not used it yet though after 3 years!).

I always thought leather would be cold or too hot, but the better the leather the less this is true. I am now converted to leather as no doggie hairs, drool marks etc.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks Beckyc, I have the knack of whatever I like always seems to be the most expensive one.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >