View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 07:58 AM
goodness, don't turn it into a debate! I don't think anyone on this thread actively enjoys seeing tigers, or alligators, or anything else that wild and dangerous in circuses, however, in Ireland they are still allowed, and it will be a while before any laws are changed, because people don't feel the same way about animals as we do over here. That's just the way of things. And actually, all the circuses I've seen there (I was enlisted by my mother to take my young brother before anyone says anything ) have kept their animals very well, they always try to pitch in an area where they can hire a field or two overnight to turn the animals out. Obviously, though, I've no idea what they do with large carnivores, as I'm fairly certain you couldn't keep a tiger in a field!

Dollyk was only sharing her experience with us, and while I understand that many people hate animal circuses, I also don't feel it's fair to bash the OP over them.

xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Thanx zoundz and zoeybeau .
No as a rule i dnt like animals in circuses or zoos ,but hadn been for many years and was interested to see if anything had changed ,i was also interested in the condition of the animals .
And i went because my 7 yr old nephew asked me to go with him and my mum ., As zoeybeau has stated is a pensioner and wanted the company and that is why i went i didnt want to let either of them down ,.
And i posted the pics on dogsey to share with ppl and to get there views on my experience and to see if anyone else had been to a circus and what they thought of it .
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-05-2007, 09:13 AM
You are right, nobody is judging anyone , everone has to make their own choices in life..... as you said your self, you asked for other peoples views on circus`s ...I am only giving you mine..

We have one circus that used to visit the area, (have not seen it for yrs) and yes they looked after their animals, the horses where fenced in a paddock, happyly grazing... and even the Elephant was grazing, But tethered to a long chain as for the tigers, and such, they never come out of the cages..they live a life traveling in a 30ft cage on the back of a trailer...all people see is the entertainment value when they are sitting watching the show.
Yes I went to a circus many many yrs ago, took my then young children.......we only stayed for 1/2 hr both of my children did not like what they saw. it upset them, even then they where asking questions about the whys and wheres.

Each to their own,
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
You are right, nobody is judging anyone , everone has to make their own choices in life..... as you said your self, you asked for other peoples views on circus`s ...I am only giving you mine..

We have one circus that used to visit the area, (have not seen it for yrs) and yes they looked after their animals, the horses where fenced in a paddock, happyly grazing... and even the Elephant was grazing, But tethered to a long chain as for the tigers, and such, they never come out of the cages..they live a life traveling in a 30ft cage on the back of a trailer...all people see is the entertainment value when they are sitting watching the show.
Yes I went to a circus many many yrs ago, took my then young children.......we only stayed for 1/2 hr both of my children did not like what they saw. it upset them, even them they where asking questions about the whys and wheres.

Each to their own,

here here well said
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Yes I went to a circus many many yrs ago, took my then young children.......we only stayed for 1/2 hr both of my children did not like what they saw. it upset them, even them they where asking questions about the whys and wheres.

Each to their own,
i could not agree more
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2