22-05-2007, 12:53 PM

dollyk circus pics part three (heavy)

The tigers
Again apologies for quality
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Where was this circus I thought it was illegal to have animals in circus now?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 01:07 PM
So did i but apparently not there was tigers palomino horses, and lamaas also snakes and crocodiles ,.all in incredibly healthy condittion i might ad . it was in northern ireland i went to see it at my friends and my sisters
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok thankyou. I still don't feel sound with the idea but they are lovely pics of lovely animals.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Nither was i to be honest i only went to kep my mum company as she loves the circus , she is like a big kid. but have to admit was rather excited at seeing the acts as i hadn been for 24yrs last time i went i was ten yr old .
I took my two nephews one 14 yrs and the other 7yrs they loved it
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 03:11 PM
afaik it's perfectly legal to have animals in circuses in Ireland, as it's also legal to own them as pets with no license. iirc. We actually went to one a couple of years ago with the typical snakes/llamas/ponies and camels, and also elephants. I do hate to see them in circuses.

Gorgeous pics though - it's impressive to be able to get close to them, even if it's not under the best of circumstances

xx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2007, 04:06 PM
Tigers in a cage, not my cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Tigers in a cage, not my cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!
No jackbox they were not in a cage otherwise i would not have been there let allow took pics as it would not be my cup of tea they were in a large ring , they have put cage like fencing around it so the tigers wouldn hurt anyone outside the ring thats all
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Large ring/cage it is the same, where do you think those tigers go , when they have finished their performance.... back to their small trailers , they dont get let out to graze, they spend their poor lives in cages, then being made to perform in the ring.... they dont do it becaue they love to perform, they do it becaues they are forced to do it.

Dont get me wrong, I dont have a problem with wild animals in captivity, such as safair parks,/ wildlife reserves when necessary. where they have breeding and release programmes.

And untill people vote with their feet, and stop going to see these animals paraded in total alian environments , it will keep going on....although I have to say, I thought this sort of circus was extinct..... I did not think anyone enjoyed this sort of entertainment anymore.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2007, 11:04 PM
i think dolly went to keep her mom company shes in her 70s,and was with the grandkids,im not justifying a circus ,we do not enjoy seeing animals made to look that they are enjoying themselves,they are trained wild animals bred in capivity,and im sure if they didnt want to do it theyd rebel and turn on the trainer,as is what has happened in the past in the circus situatuation,i dont agree with elephants or crocodiles,or any other animals kept full stop in circues,but dolly went to support her mom and for that she cant be blamed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >