Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Can I ask- why just the yolk?
I only feed the yolk because raw egg white contains an enzyme that destroys the biotin in the yolk.
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
Funny but Ill give my dog a raw bone - she looks at me as if to say- u expect me to eat THAT ?? Then Ill run it under a hot tap- just to take the raw edge off-then she will tackle it.....
Mine will eat them straight from the freezer
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Mine will eat them straight from the freezer
Depends how hungry she is- heh heh
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
I only feed the yolk because raw egg white contains an enzyme that destroys the biotin in the yolk.
Okay, thanks SBT. Is that okay though as the avidin destroys the biotin in the yolk but does not deplete biotin levels in the dog?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Whatever you feed, look at your dog's poos and teeth. They are usually a good indication.

Most * Kibble fed dogs have peridontal disease (Smelly dog breath) which is very painful for the dog.
Most * kibble fed dogs have soft or runny poos, which is very bad for the dog as it indicates it has passed through the digestive system too quickly therefore not being able to absorb any nutrients efficiently.

I never saw the benefits of BARF to begin with, then my supply disappeared, and I was forced to feed kibble for 2 weeks. I did notice a slight difference, mainly in the fact that they didn't seem satisfied and were always hungry.

When I returned to BARF I noticed a HUGE difference in their behaviour, coat condition, poos, etc and it made up my mind for me, that it was better for them.

As for dogs being able to eat raw after all these years, a dogs teeth are designed to grind bone, not to nibble kibble .....lol
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Okay, thanks SBT. Is that okay though as the avidin destroys the biotin in the yolk but does not deplete biotin levels in the dog?
Yes avidin can deplete your dog of biotin
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
What animal eats cooked food...

Mine do as you well know
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Mine do as you well know
Try giving them a fresh lambs heart (must be still beating) :smt049
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Think Syd would :smt078 and eat that before he ate the heart
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1 View Post
Throwing the cat amongst the pigeons...just for fun...
Dogs have been domesticated for hundreds and hundreds of years...is their digestive system realy still 'up' for digesting raw food???? It's been a long time since they were hunters...
*steps back quietly....*
Unless anyone can point me in the direction of someplace that proves a dogs digestive system has evolved away from what it once was I will believe they remain the same...I think all man has done is alter the outside appearance not the inside.

With raw feeding the 'waste' is amazingly small in comparison to any other feeding and the dogs don't stink...I keep hearing people saying how much their dog farts and stinks the house out...Well, while on kibble my boy in particular was pritty stinky himself, in his first week on raw he quit stinking and hardly farts at all I know, what a selling point! But it's true so surely that means his digestive system is handling the diet very well.
Page 5 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »