Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 07:12 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 22nd May, 2019

Good morning everyone, Steve's birthday today, he is 56 and it makes me feel so old.

I trust you are all well and your four legged friends too. Chris hopefully your Dave will be home today which will be a relief to you both.

Have a good day all, should be nice and warm and dry so stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Morning Moyra and all to come later. Interesting to read about the Red Gene in dogs. From my experience of having lots of different breeds through our hands for training we know that any red breed or even just a red gene in the background of the breed means a more than hyper type of dog. Bit like fiery red heads. bg!! eg: The Black lab is more calm than the chocolate/red lab. The yellow/golden lab is more prone to over weight and being in the middle of the two with energy. Cocker Spaniels can be over the top as most have the red gene in them even if they don't have any red in their coat.
Harvey I think Bruno is just showing how happy he is to be in a loving home and settling in.
Well the sun is trying to come out. My baby birds have flown so hoping that the parents will try again. They apparently usually do have two sittings in a year. So fingers crossed. I did have a sneaky peek and the nest is beautiful but I didn't touch it as didn't want to leave any scent on it.
Chris pleased to hear hubby home and doing well.
Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 07:39 AM
Good Morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Hope you get a second clutch of babies Brenda

So pleased Dave is home Chris and hope he now improves in leaps and bounds which I am sure he will under your care. Do take care of yourself as well

Lol at Bruno taking all the soft furnishings out he is just showing you how happy he is

Lovely morning here too. Teazle walked and have just swept most of the excess sand off the drive so now planning a quiter day than recent ones

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Morning all.

Yes beautiful day yesterday.

Chris glad he is onward and upward a close call though.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Another lovely warm day here today. Early walk we were back 8.20.

Kazz so glad it went nicely yesterday we saw Gill off on a beautiful sunny day seemed fitting for her sunny nature.
Chris glad Dave is home ans already feeling the benefits. Take care of yourself to.
brenda we have watched our parents birds mostly starlings, sparrows and a pair of blackbirds take food to the nest bring babies down to feed only the starlings and blackbirds and today watched the youngsters feeding themselves.
Hoping for second clutches here to.
Harvey lol at bruno I have also heard and experienced first hand the madness of red genes in dogs.
Paul and Beth's second lab Bun is a brown lab and was as mad a hatter much more so than Poppy or Betty when young. She is also prone to weight issues I have heard that to about dogs with the red gene.
Happy Birthday to Steve Moyra.

New gate going up today hopefully nice wooden arched gate for the side entrance.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 08:30 AM
Happy birthday to Steve
Brenda, Kota is black but some of the fur by her ears is Reddy coloured...that dog is mental!!
Lynn, hope the gate fitting goes well
Sue.. enjoy your quiet day, bet it won't stay quiet!
Kazz, so pleased your aunty had a sunny day
Took my chemo, didn't do it last week as I had run out so fully expecting to feel poorly. Lucky I checked the appointment at the vet for deags...it's tonight! I thought it was next week
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 04:58 PM
Kelly, Good luck with Deags tonight at the vets.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Right had a lovely relaxing day and done absolutely nothing.....bar dog walking hope your day has been as enjoyable.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Glad you had a laid back type of day, I did too as you say except for walking the dog and that's a pleasure apart from my gammy knee!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Kelly hope all is well with Deags at the vets tonight.

Took Bruno in for registration and a general check over, vet is very happy with him and his heart, lungs, teeth. eyes are all A1 and I know his tummy is working well from his pooh's
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >