View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Glad all is good with your brother Lynn, a man driving a ford focus reversed down the express way yesterday as wanted to go to London I assume and had missed the turn, so thought it apt to reverse back about 500yds to the exit.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Dave is in surgery. He's having his gall bladder removed and they think they will have to take part of the bowel so he will need a stoma bag for a few weeks if they do. His kidney is also infected so they are going to look at that while they are in there.

Although it's nasty, it's not as bad as I was fearing. When they said possible pancreas problems, the big C was obviously at the forefront of my thinking and it's the one that they can't really do a lot about.

I'll ring about 8 pm to see what they have done and how he is. Keep your fingers crossed please
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 05:26 PM
Oh Chris, healing thoughts to Dave and I do hope the surgery goes well XX
Kazz, a black cab did that with me in it, I went mental
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 05:29 PM
Oh chris fingers firmly crossed for you all. Take care.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
so he continued further towards Thetford to back track and there is a horrible roundabout called Barton Mills (fiveways) Harvey may well know it.
Michael got in the lane he needed then he heard a muffled bang and ended up on the grass verge.
A huge lorry with a huge trailer caught him and pushed 1/2 mile down the road.

Lynn - Oh gosh, I know it very well and now I avoid it like the plague !!! Back in the day when I was using the camper van I stayed mostly at a camp site near Mildenhall and had to cross the dreaded 'Fiveways' roundabout and during the construction of the dual carriageway. It was a nightmare.

The problem is they have duelled the A11 all the way now so traffic comes bombing along and approaches the 'fiveways' roundabout far too fast.

The last I read in the BFP was that they are now (Belatedly) looking at what they can do to make it safer but as always it's too late, there have already been many serious accidents there.

I'm so glad to read that your brother is able to drive so I hope that means no serious injury, but there's still the hassle of the insurance claim etc. Like I said it's a welll known black spot but of course your brother wouldn't know that would he.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-05-2019, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Dave is in surgery. He's having his gall bladder removed

Chris - I missed this yesterday, as you know I sometimes don't get on here every day sorry.

If it's any help Alena has had a gall bladder operataion and has made a full recovery. Also my neighbour, and he is still going to work part time. It's not a really major op 'tho of course you will be worried. Hope all goes well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Pleased your brother is ok Lynn and he is driving. Hopefully the insurance company will sort everything out but being a foreign vehicle no doubt it will be a difficult one. Hugs to you all

Hugs Chris. At least they have found the problem. Barry had his gall bladder removed after six months of the hospital mucking around during which time he became very ill and part of his pancreas has died but he is now back to full health in that respect. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Didn't get to do the garden as we went out instead so the garden will have to wait until tomorrow
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Chris hugs and at least we have a result and a solution. Keep us posted.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Hugs to you all Chris and wishing Dave a speedy recovery.

Harvey Michael was saying the police have said it's even worse now they have installed traffic lights the amount of rear end shunts they have to attend is getting silly. People not leaving gaps and trying to beat the lights.
We remember when Mark moved to Norwich for a while Joel was a still a toddler he is 17 now they were doing work there then widening carriageways etc., improving the roundabout it ws horrendous then.

Thank you all for the well wishes for him I fear this has shaken him up he is still pushing himself to drive due to Margaret needing to attend so many hospital appointments.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Hope you have had some good news about Dave XX
Harvey, mums friend has had her gall bladder removed and she has been suffering from vomitting and an upset tummy since, I said it's because she eats high fat foods but she won't listen
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >