Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 06:01 AM

Daily Chat Thursday 2nd May

Good morning everyone - up early again

Pleased mum and dad have now involved the solicitor and hope a good letter from them will sort your neighbour if not off to court as you said which I would have thought will be expensive for them

Meant to say Lynn I like your pond.

Pleased your computer is now sorted Moyra and hope it continues to behave.

Sun trying to appear but as I am not going anywhere I don't care. Masking and washing down all completed so todays plan is touch up round the edge of the ceiling and gloss the woodwork. Off to take Teazle out.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Good morning everyone, Thanks Sue yes she booted up ok with no trouble this morning.

Hope everyone is in fine fettle their dogs and cats too.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all things safe and well.
God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 06:59 AM
Morning Sue, enjoy your walk. Morning Moyra and those to come. Sun is shining but heavy rain given later. We need it down here but I bet we don't get it. My re-potted plants are still standing so fingers crossed they survive. I didn't plant out my rose as it is going to be frosty so the forecasters say. Wouldn't want to lose it as it was given to me when I lost Tyto. Kelly I do hope everything sorts itself out for you and your family. Nothing worse than bad neighbours. One reason why we moved. Hope you all have a good day. ttfn
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Just checking on Sue, yes the paint on the kitchen door is being put on ok so far and the right colour.

The tarten paint may prove more difficult on the walls,it is all down to how the paint brush goes into the paint pot

Just keeping out of the way, already been shouted at, and all I wanted was my morning cup of coffee. So now to get into the kitchen is out through the conservatory doors and around the back of the house.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Afternoon Sue, Moyra, brenda, Barry and those to follow.

Nice sunny day here again but we did get some rain in the evening yesterday after i watered.
Sue good luck with the painting.
Barry hope you got your coffee without to many traumas. Never get under a busy woman's feet.
brenda glad the plants are surviving.
Moyra glad the pc is back on track.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Good afternoon all.

Beautiful, sunny morning here. As we got out of the car when we got home the heavens opened. Now that's just good luck.

You tell him Sue. Men are so good at getting in the way
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Evening all
Been over to Steve's to look at some paperwork for him, neighbours are being idiots and keep moving my bin to where they think it should be.... errrrrr I can put it where I like on my drive... can't wait for the letter to go to them
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 07:10 PM
Evening all. Weird neighbours you get Griff; if I were your Mom and Dad I would get them to get rid of the rook overhang or whatever it was they were going to leave alone.

I may be being daft here but what on earth are they doing to the house near me a whole row of 6 houses have been built in time they have been there. 4 I think now sold

Spent the day registering death sorting the funeral sorting grave deeds . Funeral 21st May.

No idea what tomorrow brings but something I suspect need to paint (topcoat) the summer house doors but not had chance need the weather as well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2019, 07:31 PM
Kazz, I am glad you have a date, it's so sad it's so soon after your mum
I know, both myself and the other neighbour has said there's something up with that house, hmmmmm they are doing the whole thing bass ackwards, usually with a huge renovation you start at the top and work downwards...this pair...nope, they have gone bottom to top, they have ripped out a 6month old kitchen, had walls Knocked down and put back up, they have built a fireplace that takes about 3 ft out of the room, had chandeliers that hang down fitted and if you are 5ft 6 or above you bash your head. They have cladded the porch and had it rendered, fitted an awful front door and a wooden roof that's like oak or something...the solicitor just looked and said it's an eyesore....as does everyone else that sees it. They are currently messing about with the loft doing a conversion themselves...the guy can't even put a gutter up properly so I dread the roof being done by them. They have just abandoned that and now started on the garden. Yes.... they could have built lots of houses...I have put up with this for 18months! Steve said for what they paid and the money spent, they could have bought a detached house and it would already have been done. Lynn has seen the pictures of what they have done with regards the porch and the windows in the roof I think.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-05-2019, 08:08 PM
'evening Griff, Kazz, Chris, Lynn, Brenda, Moyra, Sue & Barry

Sorry have missed a couple of days. Things have been a bit hectic because we have some exciting news.

Yes, we will be welcoming a new delightful Newfie girl into our home. I had just sent our details to Blue Cross when the phone rang and it was the Welfare co-ordinator of the Northern Newfoundland Club, she had a black girl who had come from a back street breeder and was now in foster care but the lady who was fostering had some problems with another dog and the two of them were not getting along so she asked if we could take her.

All being well she should be here tomorrow, I will of course update you and as soon as I can I hope to post some pictures.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >