Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2019, 08:30 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 24th February, 2019

Good morning everyone, I hope you and your four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2019, 09:04 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Nice to see you Harvey and pleased Mrs Harvey is moving around with out aids.

Lovely morning here have cleaned the paving outside the back door as full of bird droppings. Do wish neighbour would stop feeding the gulls they feed and then sit on our roof Don't want to have words with them as we get on quite well so do not want to rock the boat.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2019, 10:50 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Beautiful warm day here today.

Very annoying Sue, but difficult to know what to do.
Moyra sorry no suggestions as to the next move re: your problem with Scottish power.

Dillon got me up at 5 bad case of the gulps sort of indigestion this breed seems prone to. Some charcoal biscuits seemed to do the trick.
Looking into buying or growing some wheat grass.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Nice to see you Harvey...................................they feed and then sit on our roof

Thank you, I will continue to 'pop in' here from time to time.

Your Gull problem sounds just like our Pidgeon problem We get loads and OH dislikes them although she does feed the smaller birds. I don't know what the answer is. As you say it's not something you fall out with neighbours over if they are otherwise good neighbours.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-02-2019, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Some charcoal biscuits seemed to do the trick.

Hi Lynn, you were posting the same time as me Hope all is well in your part of Norfolk and good the biscuits did sort out Dillon.

Bit chilly here but want to get out for a few hours 'cos there's so much to do, the garden looks a mess
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2019, 12:22 PM
I think Norfolk weather wise is as nice as Cambridgeshire Harvey. Back that way Wednesday Kings Lynn for Paul and Beth's wedding.

Charcoal biscuits helped a bit but we have a had a bit of a manic time with him. He has been eating all the plants we know are dog friendly to try to relive it in the end Gorden popped him on collar and lead and took over the park to eat grass.
Also been giving him dry bread. The liquid Gaviscon which I got down him with grated cheese came back up.
He now has had a Gaviscon tablet in some fudge yoghurt seems to be helping.
Gorden is popping out for some natural yoghurt and cottage cheese in case we need to get more Gaviscon down him. He really has had a bad case of indigestion today.

I know it's not bloat due to he can settle in between and his tummy is soft.
Hoping he is sorted now.
I will pop him back on the natural yoghurt he hasn't had it for a while and we seem to have had more episodes of indigestion. guess it's like us the older you get the harder you find things to digest such a worry as they start getting older and these little things crop up.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Awwwww, hope Dillon feels better soon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2019, 04:07 PM
He is a bit out of sorts to be honest griff.
We have spent the best part of the day in the garden and he has been finding it hard to get comfortable till a couple of hours ago when he threw up the vegetation he had been munching manically this morning.
He has then managed to get some sleep to be honest he looks quite tired and old at the moment bit unsettling.
Every time he has a little bark he gets the gulps again. He seems more comfortable and relaxed than he has done but it has quite upset me today made me realise he is getting an old man and getting a bit of a worry.
Wil see how he is tomorrow if needs a trip to the vet might be in order before meeting up with Michael and Margaret later in the afternoon. if he seems better we might see about an appointment tuesday he needs his mot for the year to keep his insurance valid so will have a chat then about today.
he wanted a long walk this morning and seemed fine.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Lynn if you can get him to either eat a polo mint or some peppermint tea to drink. Didn't sit in garden today went for two walks instead. Have a good evening folks.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Didn't think of that brenda thanks.
he has eaten his tea with some natural yoghurt and so far no gulps so fingers crossed his severe indigestion has settled. He is very tired with it all though.

Lovely day for walking.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >