Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2019, 08:06 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 21st February, 2019

Good morning everyone, I trust that you and your pets are all fit and well. Any still suffering I wish you better.

Have a good day, should be warm today, take care and keep safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2019, 08:38 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope the workers turn up as promised Griff and get the job done

Good luck with. your special shopping Lynn. Like Chris my special occasion outfit would consist of trousers haven't worn a skirt since I left office work

Turning out to be a nice day again so a little more gardening on the cards. Still too wet to mow the lawn and dig the veg patch over but the borders aren't too bad. Also defrosting the freezer in the utility room so a busy day I think.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2019, 09:47 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Not to bad a day here bit chilly in the wind but otherwise bright.

Well i am keeping an open mind for shopping tomorrow I get an idea in my head then can never find what i want. I am thinking a nice warm skirt suit or dress with jacket but will probably end up with smart trousers and top and jacket.
As long as we both get something haven't the time or inclination to be shopping beyond tomorrow. also have to get rapping paper, card and nice bag for their gift.

Hope you had a god night again Moyra.
Sue you make me feel worn out just reading what you're up to mind you at the moment it doesn't take much to wear me out.
grif hoping the workmen turn up and get on with the job and to a good standard.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2019, 09:50 AM
Good morning all
Sue, electrician is there already, I don't need to go up today because Steve is going to leave the workmen in his house alone!! I really hope they nick or break his stuff and teach him not to be so stupid, he says " the bloke seems sound" errrrmmm you have met him first time about 2 hours ago. Also, they are fitting awful strip lights in the kitchen, I said to him to choose his own light as they would fit cheap but nope... wouldn't listen
I have also emailed building control about next door to see if they can advise about the window
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Mores the worry will Molly be ok? Griff. That would scare me in case he lets her out and she runs off.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Well Moyra, I offered to get up there Monday morning for 8 am (which is not easy) he just said it was o.k, he would give them a key....then he said I could still get there for 8am and go in with the workmen...I pointed out what if they don't come?? He said oh yeah. He said I could go find him and get a key off him, I just said too much hassle and just make sure he shuts the living room door, I really hope Molly will be o.k but there's nothing more I can do...best bit is, the polish woman still has a key!! Someone who stole from him still has access to his house! He really is stupid
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-02-2019, 09:25 PM
'evening all

Griff, it all sounds chaotic at Steves flat. As Moyra said it would be a worry if his dog got out and then there's the 'dodgy' person who still has a key, that would worry me as well.

Moyra, don't know if you are still looking but David Burr have a detached two bedroom house at Kirtling which they describe as 'A particularly quaint cottage' it is probably too far from you (Kirtling is about 5 miles from Newmarket) but has a garden and plenty of farmland around. I think it's well within your budget.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Hi Harvey, yes, I am really worried about Molly getting out or being upset but there's not much I can do about it...he finishes 11.30 Monday so will be home at about 12 so if they arrive at 8 am she will be on her own with them for 4 hours.
As for the key.... well, I have made my feelings very plain about that, it's his house and his responsibility, I did offer to pay for the locks to be changed last year but he declined, I didn't do it for him but for Molly....the offer was made again yesterday but he declined so for whatever reason he obviously still wants her to be able to get into his house and that's his choice, I certainly wouldn't like anyone who had stolen from me to be able to get into my house
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Thanks Harvey, I will try and find it.