Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2019, 07:36 AM

Wednesday, 20th February, 2019

Good morning everyone, better night last night. Hope you are and your fur babies are all well. Have a good day, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2019, 08:25 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope Amber let you have some of the bed last night

Hope the kitchen people turn up today Griff. Talk about doing things back to front I agree I would do the ceiling before the cabinets.

Lovely morning here and have just got back from a nice walk with Teazle. Plan to tidy the garden a bit more this morning if the ground is not too wet. Window people coming this afternoon to force open the window in the ensuite and replace the locking mechanism

Hope all re well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Bit wet underfoot today hoping it brightens up as I have washing to do.
Glad you had a better night Moyra is the mattress still living up to expectation ?

Quieter day today bit of pottering in the garden potting pots if the weather is kind and not much else still getting over this flu. Plus Gorden will be working from home today.

griff when Mark lived with Tracey they had their kitchen done (Council house ) both were working and the boys around Mark kind of put his foot down over certain things.
Like Steve is finding they wanted to do things all out of order and Mark having been in the trade sat with the supervisor and politely pointed out why doing it that way was a bad idea.
They did listen to a point but Mark was never happy with the outcome he was always finding small faults but he is a virgo and a perfectionist.
I do hope things sort themselves out because you really cannot be doing all this running around you are not well yourself.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Morning all
Moyra, Steve has no leave to come...he used his last spare days when they said they were coming in January
Lynn, Steve is a perfectionist too, he is very firm with them and I think that's why they turned up yesterday because he had got so Angry, he won't get walked over and I just tell him what to do anyway lol
Morning Sue...we have had rain here but it seems o.k now
Just about to call Steve, he rung me last night at 11.10, I must have been tired as I was asleep and never heard the phone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Good he needs to be firm. Same problems for Mark re: wanting to do ceiling after cupboards had been done and rest of kitchen.
He wasn't to generous with the positive feedback when they came to inspect.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2019, 04:18 PM
hello all, I hope all problems have been sorted during the course of the day. Just walked Amber and prepared the veg and a couple of steak and kidney pies for dinner tonight. Steve was home earlier yesterday but not so today so I guess he has either met problems or is trying to finish the job tonight.
He is at East Hanningfield so a fair run away. I can put the dinner on slowly but knowing him he will not have stopped all day and not had any breakfast either.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Hello Moyra I am feeling quite a bit better today had a nap this afternoon and feel like I am eventually winning.
Fed Dillon his two meals today and have some broccoli in the steamer, lemon and pepper fish and french fries in the oven. Giving Gorden a day off today.
Hoping to be up to clothes shopping Friday for the wedding next week.

griff hope all is going well for you today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Hi all.

It was overcast and a bit cold this morning, but it was still a nice walk. The town is still packed, but I think a lot of it is coming in from Butlins which is absolutely jam-packed full to the brim this week .

Had to go back into town this afternoon for an eye test. The good news is that my vision has stayed pretty much the same but the macular degeneration has deteriorated a bit. Was a bit worried when the optician asked how much I drive. I really fear losing my license, but he seemed satisfied so I'm OK for another year at least unless things take a turn for the worse.

It was a relief to get the appointment over with to be honest because I've really been dreading it. The other advice he gave was to wear sunglasses every time I go out in daytime so if you see an idiot walking round in winter wearing dark glasses, that will probably be me .

I think Housing Associations go for the cheapest quote without checking whether they can actually do the job. When Gary had his flat kitchen done in Barnsley, there were so many faults many of which were never put right. The HA then tried to charge us for the faults when Gary moved here. Fortunately, I'd listed every one of them and reported them to the office numerous times so they eventually agreed that the invoice would be dropped
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Hope you find something nice to wear for the wedding Lynn I always imagined Paul and Beth to be an older couple, perhaps in their 40s or 50s.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Paul will be 63 on his wedding day and Beth is 15 years younger.
They have been together many years and George is now 13 and Phoebe 8.

Glad the appointment went better than you thought it would Chris.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >