Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 08:02 AM

Daily natter 7th February 2019

Morning all. Kelly just read what you went through and your Dad with your neighbour. The bad language you could report to the police as it is abuse. Dreadful. One of nextdoor neighbours fence panel fell down last night and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it hasn't damaged my Olive tree that fell over. My very good friend Margaret gave it to me and they are called friendship trees. She is that to me. Have known her for a long time when she first came to dog training classes with one of her dogs and the friendship blossomed. Her dog did to and turned out really lovely after a bad start in rescue. The sun is trying to shine here and the sky is blue ish. Windy though and a bit chilly. That is the weather forecast for today. Have a good one everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 09:34 AM
Good morning Brenda (and anyone else who pops in).

Wet and windy here so another soggy walk in store
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2019, 09:55 AM
Morning brenda, Chris and all to follow.

griff looked at the photos on my computer properly this morning took a quick look on the phone last night. That pipe definitely needs moving he is probably so defensive as he knows he has done wrong. Glad the young lad has more about him and hopefully won't learn the older mans bad ways.
Do they work for a company ? If so report the older guy. Or maybe he works for himself word of mouth goes a long way and I am sure you won't be recommending him.
As for the note perfectly polite given the circumstances.
brenda do hope your tree isn't damaged.
I got woken up at 5.20 by some clattering my bird feeder had been blown over and the two pots holding down the ornate holder it stands in have broken. Should be able to save the plants though.
Had a very windy walk on the field our friend Mabel (Gordon setter) was waiting at the gate she must of smelt us coming out of our gate.
Also hooked up with a lady out with her baby in a papoose type thing with her Husky.

Stay safe going out and hope all are well and all four legged friends are to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 10:29 AM
Good morning Brenda, Christ, Lynn and all who follow

Hope your walk isn't too wet Chris

How nice that Dillon has a friend who waits for him

Not good Griff I think a word with the council may be in order to see if they can do anything. The pipe should not be on your property full stop. What is stopping them putting it the other end of the gutter unless of course they dont want the weather in their garden No need to take to you or your dad in that manner he is very much in the wrong and as said should be reported for abuse.

Talk away Brenda we all know what you are going through even it we don't all reply.

Heavy rain last night and back gutter was over flowing. Barry has had is machine out but not a lot up there so unless the down pipe is blocked don't know what to do. The down pipe goes straight into the ground so would need someone to have a look at that.

Been into town. It was lovely and sunny when I left but just got there and it hailed. Soon stopped and the sun is back out. Very windy though so have had a good blow along the sea front.

Please keep your fingers crossed as son is having an interview this afternoon. He just lost out on the last one.

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Fingers crossed for your son Sue. My tree looks ok but it is windy out here. Just hope they put another fence up soon. Been round to talk to another friend this morning. She is waiting for a hip operation. Lovely lady and in so much pain with it. The sun is shining so not to bad even with the windy weather. Lynn what sort of pot got broken? Hopefully a trip to a garden centre will find you a replacement. Off to put dinner on. Toad in The Hole beckons. Yum.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 11:48 AM
Morning all
Thanks all, I was utterly disgusted, they are a gay couple who own the house, I was waiting for them to chuck out homophobic and I would have just ended them as my brother is gay lol. I am just so very tired of it, the water now runs into their garden but the pipe is kind of in my property...it doesn't touch anything, it just looks ugly.
Brenda, I hope the tree is o.k
Lynn, likewise, I hope your plants will bring o.k
Sue... keep the hail down your way please lol
Chris, hope your walk isn't too wet!
The younger lad is next door now.... I have no problem with him, he is polite and approachable but the other one...he need not ever even look at me again..let alone talk to me!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 11:52 AM

The new set up sees a pipe run along the side of the porch attached to the downpipe and into their garden to allow the waste water to soak away. I believe that the Down pipe should be at the front of their porch... it's currently sat supported on a brick!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 12:48 PM
It was a very wild walk this morning. 40 mph winds so a 'ickle bit breezy.

Not many folk out and about, unsurprisingly. We had the promenade mostly to ourselves. I can't imagine why.

My sister is quite correct in saying that we are crackers
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-02-2019, 01:33 PM
Good luck for your son Sue.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Sue....I really hope your son gets the job
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >