Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Beautiful pics. Have you always lived over there?
Thank you!! And nope, spent most of my life a land lubber in Ottawa. Moved from Ottawa to my little West Coast island ghost town in the summer of 2010. Was here for a year before I had a tooth go bad. I spent too much of my winter savings getting it fixed; so had to leave Butedale for a couple years to rebuild finances. Did some placer mining for a year, then some handyman work for another year and a bit. Got back to Butedale November 2013; and I haven't returned to so called "civilization" since then! (And I don't wanna!) lol!

I get all my supplies like food, fuel, tools, and equipment delivered by a friend of mine, from the nearest city. (Kitimat, BC.) About 110 km, or 68 miles by boat. I have high speed satellite internet, so I just email him with my needs list, and in a week or two, (or three, or four), he'll do a run out for me.

During the summer, the place is hopping; with often 10+ boats tied at the docks for the overnight. But at this time of year it's pretty darn quiet. Can go a month or two without seeing another human. (Thank goodness for my buddy, Bud!) The last visitor I had this year was my supply delivery on November 1st. Last year, I only had 4 boats stop in between mid October, and mid March. Hopefully this year is better! But it don't look like it so far...

Righty then, chat at ya's soon!

Cheers!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2