Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-12-2015, 08:04 AM

We're Still Here!

Hallooo everyone! How ya's been? Sorry 'bout the 3/4 of a year between posts! It's been a pretty busy year with some cleanup of the property begun, and the installation of a very important piece of hardware. (Got a new shore ramp installed.) Bud is happy; now he can go visit with the boaters, without having to rely on me to ferry him over! lol!

New ramp, and one of my frequent visitors; the Swell, a vintage wooden tug that is used for charter cruises up and down BC's west Coast. (With Bud seeing them off.)

Of course, the scenery is still breathtaking. Something that I hope will never become blasé for me.

The Swell, under a rainbow.

More rainbows. (This year has been Rainbow Central here at Butedale!)

I know dogs are partly color blind, but he always looks intently at the rainbows when they appear.

The Aurora have been astounding too this year.
Here's a pic from Oct 4th.

Of course, there's been plenty of visitors. From canoeists and kayakers, to schooners, and small cruise ships.

Bud, "guarding" the Schooner SV Maple Leaf. (Same company that runs the Swell.)

The Safari Explorer, one of the dozen "Un-Cruise" mini cruise ships that stop in every year.

I've also been blessed with being able to get a couple more videos of my furry neighbor, the Spirit (Kermode) Bear.

So it's been a pretty awesome 2015! But not perfect! We almost lost Tiger, Bud's orange kitty friend. Poor cat got some mineral crystals in his bladder, and spent almost 2 weeks peeing them out. Poor guy was in so much pain, but Bud was a wonderful nurse. While Tiger was ill and slowly recuperating, and didn't have the energy to wash himself; Bud took it as his duty to keep his buddy clean and tidy. He spent at least a couple hours a day grooming ol' Tiger. What an awesome doggy! (And a lucky kitty!) And now Tiger no longer eats dry kibble. He's on (which I'm sure is just such a trial for him) a strict diet of boiled salmon, and boiled halibut. Both of which are thankfully high in taurine. So I don't have to supplement his fish with any kibble. Spoiled darn cat! Of course, next supply delivery for me will include some canned cat food for Tiger. (Likely Go! brand, since it's the best quality available at the only pet store within 100 miles of my supply delivery guy.)

Of course, Bud is spoiled too. It wouldn't be fair for him to watch Tiger eat all that fishy goodness without giving him some also! So Bud gets his share of fish daily; in addition to his almost human-food quality varieties of Merrick canned dog food, and his Go! Kibble.

Anyhoo, once again, an obscenely long post; but, when I only post once every 7 or 8 months, I guess that's what I get! lol!

Righty then, I hope all is well with everyone, and I'll chat at ya's later!

Cheers!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 09:29 AM
What a fantastic place to live and enjoy. Just stunning
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Nice to see you TJ - stunning photos!!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 01:56 PM
TJCJ missed you glad to hear all is well especially poor kitty. Glad Bud looked after her. Take care and have a good Christmas. M.x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2015, 05:10 PM
Welcome back
Gorgeous pics as usual,place is fabulous!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2015, 05:18 PM
For heavens sake Cory here was me thinking you had been gobbled up by a grizzly or something .

It's good to see you and Bud and that heavenly place you call home
Meg
Supervisor

06-12-2015, 05:19 PM
Hallooo everyone! How ya's been? Sorry 'bout the 3/4 of a year between posts!
For goodness sake Cory here was me thinking you had been gobbled up by a grizzly or something .

It's great to see you and Bud and that heavenly place you call home
TJCeeJay
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the welcome back, y'all! And happily, I have not have been eaten by a bear! lol! Nearest Grizzlies are about 10 miles away at a major salmon stream. (And I hope it stays that way!)

Anyhoo, it's been an interesting last couple months. The remnants of Hurricane Oho walloped the area in the middle of October, and brought down a bit of a mountain on the far side of the harbor. An area about 150 feet wide, and 5 or 6 hundred feet long just sloughed of the hillside. I was outside on my porch when the mountain fell down, and let me tell ya, it was LOUD! Fortunately, the slide terminated about 150 from the water, so no problems were caused by having a forest floating around the harbor. It was still dang impressive though! Interestingly, the area of the slide, coincides with a massive quartz vein that is known to be gold bearing! Gonna have to go take a gander once the area stabilizes, and there's a minimal risk of having some house sized "pebbles" fall on me! lol!

And later on this winter, I hope I get enough snow to drag my behemoth of a canoe the rest of the way to the lake. Last winter, after a 3 foot snowfall, I used a block and tackle to get the canoe halfway there. But the snow only lasted a couple of days before the 2 to 4 inches of rain per day returned and washed it all away. So, there's been a 16&1/2 foot canoe laying on a log on the trail to the lake to entertain the visitors who go for a hike to the lake! lol! I get some folks with some amusingly bemused expressions on their faces when they come back from the hike, and ask about the canoe! Ah well, it'll get there eventually!

Righty then, I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and I'll chat at ya's soon!

Cheers!
Meg
Supervisor

07-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Righty then, I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and I'll chat at ya's soon!
You too Cory

Will look forward to another update
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2015, 02:39 PM
Beautiful pics. Have you always lived over there?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >