Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 08:57 PM
No decs up here yet.
Sorry to hear about Bill griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Thanks all, Yes TW, i went on a very good day for Bill, would have loved to see him again but there is no way on this earth i could make it
I don't put up christmas decorations or a christmas tree anymore, stopped bothering a couple of years ago when i lost my diez, christmas just isn't the same (wasn't that fond of it to begin with)
Lacey, bill is my great uncle, he had to move into a care home with my great aunt tess (my nans baby sister) bill has dementia and is now apparently on end of life care, tess has parkinsons and is in a wheelchair now and also has dementia, they live in blackpool and although i wrote and spoke to them on the phone i hadn't seen them since i was 18 (my nans funeral) but about a month ago i managed to get to see them for a couple of hours...i was terrified going all that way but i managed it!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Griff - Truly sorry to hear about Bill, wonderful that you managed to get to see them both that day - even though it took so much out of you. From what you said about him, he seemed a really decent, kind man, a proper old fashioned gentleman.
Will be back in a little while, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Eileen, had a really bad fall on the kitchen floor a few months ago and hurt myself, was knocked out for a few seconds, black eye, and still hurting now. Soooo was my fault because the floor was wet and I was stupid but can't risk it ever again. Floor has been ripped up by a nice man called Alun, he's done a few jobs around the house now and is really good and reliable.
I've got some non slip flooring, thanks to Griff who counselled me through buying it.
This is for the bathroom
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1916181135...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is for the kitchen
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3017625328...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Well as I haven't got a clue what anything is about now that you have changed the system and having problems this morning doubt if I will be around much so I will wish you all a happy Christmas and thanks to everyone for your support over the last year or so.
Don't be too quick to bin it, if like me you find new screens and such a tad offputting just log in as usual and over time it will become the 'norm' and you'll be enjoying the forum. I think I can say we'll all miss you
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Brenda - give it a go - don't just pack it in, please believe me I'm really struggling with it to! I've had one hell of a job posting on two occasions today and one was a long one which I lost altogether.
You are a very valued member of this forum and to lose your input would be a terrible shame. G .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 10:20 PM
I just stay logged i n, click on dog forum and off topic and here you all are!!!!
Thanks, Billy could be a real sod but was very very supportive of me and my career...even gave me some tools, he also had rescue dogs and his last was a staffy x so what wasn't to like about him, will upset my mum as Tess won't be far behind him but to be fair he is in his 90's
TW, I for one will feel happier when you are refloored!!! You can still slip a bit if you go nuts with the water and mop
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Aww,GRIFFThanks for filling me in.You can have a Duffers (( hug)) cause they're the best
TW,love the flooringHeavens aboveyou got a bad knockHopefully you'll be all sorted now...well done GRIFF...good choice
Seems I missed some very important birthdaysRhianna and the girlies...so Happy belated birthday to them and anyone else I missed
Just had a pamper night,only toenails to do.Have no toenail on my smallest toe.Lost it after I dropped something on it years ago and it never grew backWill come in handy if anyone ever has to identify my body
Watching The Apprentice
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2015, 10:38 PM
I see that the vote has just come in the bomb ISIS debate, huge majority for the Government - many Labour stalwarts voting with the Conservatives.
Now all that remains is to see if it does any good. I do hope so, for a more evil, twisted bunch of miscreants I have yet to see. The sooner they get blown back to the devil the better. Let us just hope there is little collateral damage and no loss of the lives of our Servicemen and Women.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Well that's another point I've sent you, have you found them yet

I just looked for them and I can't see where they are sure it'll become clear in the morning
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >