Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon

Wow Moyra you are clever wouldn't know where to start!

Poor Kesh fancy falling in. Good that all your flooring is now with you just hope the fridge/freezer arrives as promised.

Leaves composting as we speak but I only have so much space to put them after all we don't all live on such a large estate

Good that the fire stick has decided to work Griff. Hope your dad is grateful.

Posted some Christmas cards on my walk and no doubt will do some more tomorrow.

Have a good evening
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Sat down at long last,yard and kennels clean, done yet another tip trip. Rain is coming down now, but everything done, did find Keshi lying outside in the rain, possibly because she stinks and no one wants her in the house. Shoo'ed her inside.Having my lunchtime butty and cup of tea, so I'll be eating late tonight, watching telly for the first time during the day since sometime last week,and even that was a fleeting visit.
Girls have tinned fish and veg with yogurt and cottage cheese for tea, and I'll have a quick skip out and tidy up then, I think a long hot bath is calling me as my back is killing me what with dragging 40kg girlies out of the canal and then loading the car for the tip, not to mention moving the roll of flooring round so I can close the porch door
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Hello everybody back from a lovely walk down grassy tracks and Dillon was so good I really do not give him enough credit.
We did walk past a field with horses but he carried on past and didn't go down any dykes. Behaved impeccably at Cindy and Tims house even though their Bernese Canda grumbled at him a lot. She only likes male dogs if they have their bits. He was very good and headed the grumbling. He also stayed with Cindy and Tim while I moved the car for a few minutes although he did worry they said.
He did try to get on their sofa but soon learnt he wasn't allowed unlike here.

Good grief June glad you and Keshi are ok. Hope the back feels better soon.
Well LG that is strange about that trap a giant fox or rat maybe ?
Well done Moyra I wouldn't of got past the starting point.
What a shame you are disappointed with the firestick griff.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 05:07 PM
Glad you got a nice afternoon, Lynn. Dillon's growing up now, they tend to calm down once they get to 3, well even Keshi has calmed down, apart from the swimming lessons of course.
It is strange about the trap, like you say. Maybe Gordon had unwelcome visitors in the night, wonder if a badger would be capable of that
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Oooh hadn't thought of a badger June.
Yes he is growing up so well and not a bad bone in his body. So glad I stuck it out with him after our blip when we moved here. Thank goodness for all of you pointing out he was picking up on my stress and sadness and he was also feeling the stress of a new home and Gorden being away all week and his breeder.
His breeder always says they make nice pets when they get to 5 he is already starting to settle down. Just got to work on him being calmer around visitors.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2015, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
wonder if its because I cancelled the amazon prime membership ?
I was ordering some printer cartridges from them and it said 'free delivery' and only at the last minute did I see that 'free delivery' came with a catch, namely you have to accept 'Prime' and although you can cancel before first payment is due I am such a cynic I would not doubt for a minute that canceling also deletes your old account. We are living in 2015 not 1915 aren't we
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Well done Dillon for not showing your Mum up! Don't doubt he was a bit put out over the sofa though. Perhaps he's angling for some Gee Gee Doo Doo as a reward! Urrrrgh!
June - Hope the "pong" goes away soon so poor Keshi can be re-admitted to the sleeping quarters. That trap thing is odd the more I think about it the more odd it seems. Suspect that it was either Charlie Fox or a two legged visitor (although nothing else was touched). If the latter - it would take a brave soul to come so close to my place in the dead of night - either that or someone very stupid with no sense of self preservation.
Looks like I might have to do a bit of fox patrol and get the Mem yet another Fox fur hat. I would sooner leave them and trust to luck but when they start getting too bold it's time to thin 'em out a bit. As I have said previously we are getting quite inundated with them up here. Bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
also feeling the stress of a new home and Gorden being away all week and his breeder.
These big dogs seem to suffer more with changes to life. All dogs like stability but the big ones seem to crave it above all else.

Regarding horses I wonder if Dillon would be the same with donkeys There's a field near us with both horses and donkeys in. Casey ignores both BUT if one of the donkeys starts the eee ooogh thing then his head is up and he runs up to the fence and is all excited. What does it mean I have no idea but Casey does
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
That trap thing is odd the more I think about it the more odd it seems.
Have you checked the entire perimeter of the fence, maybe there's a small hole just recently made which was not there on your last patrol. Might have been 'hidden' by grass and weeds but the Fox knows where it is

By the way, have you seen my what's it point thingy I sent you

I'm off now to re-read Azz's 'User Guide to the New Dogsey' since June thinks I missed something last night. Truth is I probably did, a re-read will confirm

EDIT:-

Oh yes I did read it wrong. PM's are only when you're at Level 4 and will require X number of 'respect pointy things'. X being a number to be decided but more than 30 since that is the number for Level 3 membership.

So I will have to start sending these 'respect point thingies' PDQ
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-12-2015, 06:02 PM
Yep that's right Harvey - it's set to level 4

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Hi Azz, it seems to have typing over other wording underneath. Perhaps it is my new set up that is the problem if nobody else is finding what I am talking about. Don't worry it is not a problem.
Ah I think I know what you mean - just looked at it in IE and the contents of the navigation are all down the left hand side. Looking into a fix for it
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »