View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better today Griff, yes do the vick trick again tonight.

June, you are progressing, hope you manage a walk with the girls.

I have my printer/scanner/copier back in operation and have also downloaded Office Home and Student which includes Word 2007, Excel 2007, Powerpoint 2007 and One Note 2007. Glad I kept these programme files. So really all I have to sort out is the Excel files I need to reinstate. Particularly my Financial Prognosis and Steve's Accounts Files. Oh yes and I also downloaded Publisher as well, so getting there. The Excel files are going to be the most difficult because it is not quite the same as the Lotus 123 I was used to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 11:46 AM
You are more clued up than me Moyra thats for sure.
Well it is now raining of course Will give girls a bone each in a while if it doesn't stop, then go straight for the trip to the tip.If it had just held off for an hour or so I would have been able to get everyone out and back.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Good service about the flooring June.
Afternoon Sue.
Moyra I wouldn't know where to start with all that. So well done.

Dillon is getting very worried that he will not get his walk today little does he know what a lovely surprise he has coming. I will worry that I might lose him though his nose does have a habit of picking up smells on the air and he is gone like a rocket. Mainly fresh horse pooh does it for him so I am hoping we will not be walking in the fields near to where I know some are grazing.
I don't think Cindy walks hers near livestock so that's good, he will be on his long line if there is the chance we may come across any.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
TW, a fire stick is from amazon, it plugs into your tv and you can stream films etc to your tv without needing a computer, i am not impressed so far.....seems to spend more time buffering, it was a prezzie for my parents but i don't think i will bother...thats the chromecast and the fire stick now that are crap...just attempting an episode of the bill Lol
Hope you find a home for your flooring, we had the problem with ours too, thats good though as it means my dad has to get on and do stuff
Lynn, i realllllllly hope dillon doesn't find any horse poop ewwwww
Sue, you have been busy again!!
Moyra, well done with the computer
well it seems to be streaming o.k now...hopefully my dad will make use of it
spoke to my aunty today, looks like my cousins guinea pig might be dying, they have spent £100 on a dental but the vet doesn't hold out much hope.....she has said he could have 2 when this one goes, i pointed out to be really careful as they'll be over run if they end up with mixed sexes...she just said she would sell the babies....i really didn't know what to say, given he doesn't bother with this one much i don't know why they would get another let alone 2
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Well my excel financial prognosis is done now up to the end of January, so it just leaves me to try and get Steve's accounts files prepared and organized and then I shall be on top of everything. I have one problem I cannot seem to overcome and that is separating my junk mail from my genuine mail. I paid for a system to work with my incredimail but it is not working properly so I have to sus that out somehow or other.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-12-2015, 02:25 PM
WOW Moyra I am impressed, I have no idea how to do stuff like that
It stopped raining, son not due for a while so took girls out.
Cariad and Lona went up by the river for a wander round and played ball with Lona, groomed Cariad, and went home. Came out with Kesh and Zen and realised I had forgotten the ball, so decided to take them up on the towpath, Kesh fell in, no idea how or why, she does walk on the very edge of it though and I always think she'll fall in, she never does as they are very sure footed, this time she did. Took absolutely ages to get her out, in the end managed it, decided to carry on with the walk to calm her down because her eyes were wide and staring Got home son was here, helped me move couch and moved the flooring, but the porch door has to be open to accommodate it, it will have to be moved tomorrow - somehow. Rang about phone and not done as screen only just arrived (I think thats what he said). So will ring again Thursday, son coming back Friday morning. Had a shower before all this because I was stinking, and got ready to go for phone, but this isn't happening now, so more trakkie bottoms on and carry on getting stuff ready for the tip. So still can't contact Alun.Hoping he decides to ring me or appear tomorrow morning, the text will be at 7am and will give me the 4 hour time slot, so should be up and running by this time tomorrow - all things going to plan
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone, Lynn perhaps Dillon has a race memory from long ago when his lot lived in the mountains of "Bernesia" where it could well be that his natural diet included lots of fresh horse poo! After all it's pretty easy to catch and has (presumably) a strong flavour. lol .
What's happening at your end June - helpful delvery persons and on time too! Perhaps everyone is hoping for a Xmas gratuity!
Pleased that Moyra is getting the better of her computer - might as well be talking chinese - I have no idea what any of it means, but as long as it is going just as you wish, then I'm pleased for you!
Foot fetishists have been playing with Vicks - bet you haven't got a cough at all Griff - come on tell the truth, you are amongst friends - you just like having your feet rubbed. Only trouble with Vicks is you're hardly likely to attract any admirers smelling strongly of menthol! LOL ! Hope you've got rid of your cough Griff, just tormenting you!
Sue - can't you find a quiet corner to compost your dead leaves - seems a shame to waste compost and fuel for running them to the tip. We make a couple of circles of chicken netting - pegged down with canes and just pile everything in there, if it's dry give them a bit of a hosing down to encourage the process. End of winter they'll have rotted right down and you can use them on your beds and roll up the netting to store away for u
se again next year. (Simples! as a famous TV Meerkat says!).
As the weather hardens we are getting the occasional rat around the sheds and outbuildings. This is not a problem really as I always have several box traps of the wire cage variety set around the place and check them daily on my rounds and what with those and the dogs they don't in truth survive long. Last night there must have been strange goings on - one of the cage traps had vanished from under the end of the small cote in which I keep my trio of silkie bantams. Now for the unfamiliar these are galvanised mesh boxes with a spring operated trap door at one end - they measure about 15ins long by 6ins by 4ins tall. They weigh about 3lbs. The dogs found it about 200 yards from where it had been set, in the middle of a small field. The trap door was closed but nothing in the trap and it was very dirty, covered in bits of soil and dead leaves, as if it had been rolled around a lot. As it was baited with only wheat, there can be very few things attracted to it, I have no idea how any of this could have happened. It did occur to me that a fox had come across it whilst checking out my little bantams and that there had been a rat in it , said fox would then have carried it off and somehow got the rat out then left the trap in the field. The main flaw in this hypothesis is that the bantam cote is in a well fenced area with just a single entrance, a 3ft high gate, there is no other way of getting out with a wire box of the aforementioned dimensions, the fox would have had to jump the gate carrying the trap.
Final thing is that when the dogs found the trap they did very little fussing about or hunting round, which I feel certain they would have done if there had been any scent of fox about the area.
So there we have it - one of life's little mysteries! Answers on a postcard please.
Back later folks so it is as usual, bye fer now.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning everyone, Azz, don't think you have it quite right yet as all the top of the board seems confused.
What do you mean Moyra?

It should look like this (or without the ad for supporting members)...
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-12-02 at 14.52.16.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	4660  
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Hi Azz, it seems to have typing over other wording underneath. Perhaps it is my new set up that is the problem if nobody else is finding what I am talking about. Don't worry it is not a problem.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

02-12-2015, 03:49 PM
Can you take a screen grab and upload it so I can see please? (Also is it the same on over50s?)

You might need to press CONTROL and the plus or minus key, as it's possible you have changed font size (which will unfortunately do things like that to text)
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »