Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Hi Azz, its a bit of a long story but happy to share our experience with you.

In answer to your questions , we have bought a house, well 2 houses , we have a 2 bed rental villa in our land too and around 3 acres and a pool . We have wifi and Sky tv are connected to mains power and water. Its inland from Valencia , an hour from Valencia airport and an hour and 1/4 from Alicante, the coast is 40 mins drive away. Its on the edge of a small village that we can walk to which has around 12 bars and resturants , a supermarket , the bank , pharmacy etc and a weekly outdoor market , beautiful setting in rural Spain.

Its taken about 2 yrs to find the right house and around 5 yrs financial planning to be able to be here and not have to work although I have some contracting availablein Spain next yr if I want it and we have a small business here too and left our son to manage our UK business.

We love it , no regrets whatsover, I try and load some pics on another thread.

If there is anything you want to know if you message me , I will share chapter and verse by email.

Sat on the terrace typing this after our evening walk with the dogs and its November !
That's brilliant thanks! Sounds like you have thought of everything

Do you rent out to local people or people from abroad? I have thought about doing that too.

40 minute drive to the coast is brilliant too! I was looking at a house early that was about that away from the beach in Malaga (it was sent to me by the 'Kyero' property website mailer).

Are there many expats around? Are you learning the language or getting by ok with English?

What about health insurance? Is it costly?

Finally, does Amazon deliver there

I look forward to seeing photos when you get around to putting some up
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Welcome to Spain, I have lived here now nearly 16 years and still love it Good luck and lots of happy moments in your new home x
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
That's brilliant thanks! Sounds like you have thought of everything

Do you rent out to local people or people from abroad? I have thought about doing that too.

40 minute drive to the coast is brilliant too! I was looking at a house early that was about that away from the beach in Malaga (it was sent to me by the 'Kyero' property website mailer).

Are there many expats around? Are you learning the language or getting by ok with English?

What about health insurance? Is it costly?

Finally, does Amazon deliver there

I look forward to seeing photos when you get around to putting some up
Hi Azz,

Our business is Trail Riding , so we offer long weekends all inclusive mainly to UK based guys who come on a Friday , go back on a Monday and ride our trail bikes in the beautiful countryside for 3 days. This is mainly in the Autumn and Spring as it is too hot in the summer.

Kyero is a good site for looking for properties , we used that but have family in the area we bought so found out about a lot of properties for sale through them , took almost 2 yrs to find the right house for us that was legal.There is a Citizens Advice Spain page that will give you lots of good info on how to go about things.

There are a good few expats around our area but the village is mainly Spanish with little English spoken.
We went to night school to learn Spanish and start Spanish lessons here locally in the new year , we can get by on the laungage at the mo but want to get better.

You can pay into the Spanish Health system for 60 euros a month each and get the same services as the Spanish , so that is great and the system is good. Prescriptions are much cheaper.

You can get Amazon delivereis but depends , some companies deliver some dont , but there is Amazon Spain who deliver and all sorts of other sites.

You just need to do your homework to know what the requirements are to get sorted out , you need to apply for an NIE which is a foreigners identity number as you need this to do most things including buying a house. Its not difficult and the forms and info are all available online , you need this to open a bank account too.

There is fairly high unemployment in Spain at present so work isnt freely available if you need to work but does depend on what you do , I can work online so work is available if I want it.

The euro rate is currently great and house prices still low so not a bad time to buy.

Will post some pics today at some point hopefully
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well done you. I hope you enjoy your new home and your new life xxx
Thank you
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Hi Maureen congratulations and wishing you every happiness in your new home.
Sitting on the terrace sounds nice too wet and windy and dark here to do that today.
Glad Tom and Bella are also settling in.
Hi Lynn , thank you and hope you and yours are all well , Tom and Bella are certainly enjoying it. Lying in the morning sun as I type
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
Welcome to Spain, I have lived here now nearly 16 years and still love it Good luck and lots of happy moments in your new home x
Thank you , we are loving it already and getting settled , already been to vets unfortunately and managed to get the ITV renewed on our car, its taken a lot of planning but the planning work has made the move so much easier , which area are you in Spain ?
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 08:55 AM
It all takes a bit of time and the way round paperwork can be very challenging.. We are in the Murcia region, 20 minutes inland from San Javier airport.
We have around 10.000 M2 of land and an old finca and 3 Mastin espanol.. ( one of them my old girl, who was 11 in July and is cross Mastin/Malamute ).
We do need a car though where we live as no shops, doctors or bars around within walking distance but that also means it's more Spanish
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
It all takes a bit of time and the way round paperwork can be very challenging.. We are in the Murcia region, 20 minutes inland from San Javier airport.
We have around 10.000 M2 of land and an old finca and 3 Mastin espanol.. ( one of them my old girl, who was 11 in July and is cross Mastin/Malamute ).
We do need a car though where we live as no shops, doctors or bars around within walking distance but that also means it's more Spanish
We are inland south of Valencia near Xativa in the campo next to a small Spanish village , fortunately we can walk to the village which has all the amenities we need , very little English spoken in the village which is making me use my very basic Spanish which is a good thing. My dogs are a Lurcher(grey/gsd) who is nearly 9 and a greyhound who is 8 , they are loving all the land to have freedom in. We had a 20m x 10m run built for them so they have a safe place to be in too. They are house dogs and gradually getting used to the tiled floors but certainly enjoying the sunshine.

I will share the journey experience with them on the boat at some point
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
I know, the tiled floors are very unusual for them. and cold in the winter too but easily cleaned
Hope you settle in well and enjoy the Spanish lifestyle.. there again, what is there not to enjoy about it
Looking forward to the pictures..
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Could someone kindly remind please which is the easiest online photo storage to use to upload pics to Dogsey , thank you
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >