View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2015, 04:52 PM
No Moyra, I am devastated... I didn't do enough to protect her, I could only just manage to haul her out of the way...never want to hurt an animal but I wish I had put the boot in...just feel useless
TW, the fella is late 50's, they are his sons dogs...they just ended up with them and the fella has had cancer....he has1of those voice box things....I think I will have to have a word with the dog warden
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2015, 05:01 PM
Not surprised you're annoyed Griff. A flexi lead with an aggressive untrained dog at one end and a blerdy fool at the other is just what you don't need. I've lost count of the number of posts on here that are along exactly that line.
I really think that the time has come for there to be some sort of exam or whatever before these people get an animal. They make life a misery for decent people and their pets. With really strong appropriate penalties for those who fail to obey the law. I know this all sounds a bit harsh but what else could be done?
Hope Kota is OK and that the lump is just some s/c bruising, which will go of it's own accord.
I see that Sue recommends getting the yoghourt out as a reward/break for Gorden, from his DIY. The mind boggles, it truly does, the strange ways of these Southerners must have to be seen to be believed.
June then enquires as to what flavour is required - does it make a difference? Perhaps I'm better off not knowing! lol !
See you all later, bye fer now.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2015, 05:07 PM
Just as an aside - since the re-jigging of the site has the Dog Photos bit been deleted as I don't seem able to find it.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Go to the 3rd section Gordon on the main dog forum it is now under general dog chat.

Back from the swan feed it started to rain on the way there but it didn't matter too much as we all sat in the main observatory looking out over the Ouse wash. The wind was dreadful and the rain picked up too pitied the poor woman who went out in it with the barrow whistling the swans in.
Didn't see any Bewick but Hooper and of course our Mute swans. Lovely to see them flying in. Will pop some photos up later.
Cherry yoghurt for me please think Gorden would prefer strawberry.

griff how dreadful that Kota got attacked. You did all that was possible especially as you have a crutch to deal with too.
I hope it is just bruising and she soon heals.
Man shouldn't be trusted with a dog let alone an aggressive one.
Glad you made it back safe June.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2015, 05:40 PM
LG, i have always maintained that flexis should be banned near the roadside and today just confirms it, do you want to know the really funny thing? his sister had a dog get attacked by some dog and she threw herself on the dog to save it so he knows exactly what effect it has, her poor dog used go around attacking dogs...i understood sherry and we just avoided her. I have had a dog with fear aggression, that dog was never ever off the lead....even if the field was empty, now worth the risk, i think his problem is he is trying to do too much...he i trying to take a 15 year old doddery spaniel on the walk she has always done alongside 2 younger dogs who want to zoom on ahead so he isn't very focussed, i am taking her back to training tomorrow night so she will see other dogs...hopefully she will be o.k
Lynn, i love swans, they are so pretty
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Griff, you shouldn't have been put in that situation to feel guilty about. He's obviously not in a good position himself, two untrained hard to control dogs more or less dumped on him, and he'll feel bad if he didn't take them on, he's a sick man on top of it all, so then that little voice inside you starts saying stuff to you because you feel sorry for him, been there.
BUT what about YOU, who are also very poorly and walking with a crutch, surely you should have someone wanting you to have a peaceful walk with your dog, instead of letting All Hell break loose, if the day had been dry and cold think of all the people who probably would be giving their dog the only walk of the week, complete with kids, what would have happened.
Went outside at 3 to do the beds and scrub the yard and change water etc. Had my big coat on, woolly hat, wellies, heavens opened, had taken a load of wet out of the little kennel and banked the remainder up at the front, and sprayed the rubber matting with disinfectant, was in the big kennel clearing any wet patches and poo picking, lobbing bones into the yard, rain was bouncing, ALL 5 of them decided to stick close by my side in the big kennel while I was attempting to clean, because the little kennel had no bedding down, Lona point blank refused to come out of the sleeping compartment, I had Kesh and Zen behind me (was bent double in the confined sleeping compartment space), Lona in front of me on strike, in front of HER was Cariad, also refusing to move. I needed to clear the bedding out of the sleeping part, put fresh down and then use that in the big living space and in the little kennel. But first needed to move everything to disinfect the matting.Got there in the end but it was like one of those party games, lots of muttered threats and bad language from me. I finally finished it all fell out into the rain, which was so heavy it went through my coat in about 10 minutes or so. The exact second I'd finished up and done the water buckets, they were out there,waiting in a queue as near as possible to where the carrot sack is on top of the coal sacks, sooooo they COULD have gone out of the kennel, they wouldn't have melted after all Zen snatched a carrot off me, so I fought her for it, because not having that. Made her wait to the end till she got hers for being rude.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Hahahaha, that sounds Hilarious TW. Quite right making Zen wait...i don't like bad manners in dogs or humans
I know what you are saying about the guy is right, just a hard thing to have to do
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2015, 06:03 PM
Ah! June - the sheer joy of keeping any sort of livestock in inclement conditions. Sounds odd, but the treatment they were dishing out to you - I have experienced as well, in the past. Have often wondered if it's some sort of sense of humour thing with them. I look at my lot sometimes and wonder just what goes on in those furry craniums. Certainly more than I amlikely to imagine! lol !
Griff - don't be feeling sorry for this idiot or putting a guilt trip on yourself. All his fault - his personal circumstances are neither your fault nor should you be made to suffer in any way by them.
Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Griff you must have a word with the dog warden, think you would be doing the old boy a favour if it was taken out of his hands and homes found for the two that are too much for him.

TW, June how on earth you cope I do not know. At least yours will poo in the garden. Amber is so reluctant and only wants to go out on the green. I nearly got blown to Kansas and back this afternoon it was awful and if tomorrow is like it I may down tools and tell Amber she must learn to live with going on the patio, afterall at least is under the cover of the two gazebos. I bet Steve will have something to say about it but he never or very rarely ever takes her out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
As for Flexi Leads, the sooner they are banned the better, lazy people without a brain are the main users of them from my observations............................. I've had more than enough of this type of stuff
Something else we agree on June, I don't like them either. Fact is they wouldn't be any use with our two.

Also walking more than two dogs at a time can be tempting fate, I wouldn't do it. you could probably manage two and the youngster 'tho from reading your posts it seems you don't often do that.

I expect you have had some 'confrontations' but in my mind there is no doubt that any dog attacking another is basically conditioned to do so by humans. Was going to write more but as I said above we're agreed on this so let's leave it at that.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >