register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 02:26 PM
Mabs has cut her paw in the river, noticed she was limping when she came out and there was blood, threw the ball back in a couple of times so as to clean it up, then we headed for home.
She's able to put her foot on the ground, not hopping, but it looks quite deep. Left her with a bone and to clean it up whilst I took Cariad and Lona for a walk round, onlead because its Saturday.
Was taking Zen on the short walk on the towpath up to the dog groomers then back through the village, as we got to the top of the banking, I saw a couple with an English bull terrier, now that had Cariad and Lona a couple of times when they were young, its walked on a harness and it just pulls the woman over, decided against following it because no way could I let Zen off and asking for trouble really, went the opposite longer way, have to say Zen was absolutely spot on, bounding ahead but waiting for me, came to have her lead on, walked back along a busy main road, and she was a Saint, for not quite 6 months she is a dream to walk, hardly any pulling, she was a bit put off by a tractor and trailer coming along but she stood her ground and looked at it and then we walked on. Nothing else seemed to worry her at all.
Came home, gave her some tuna and a good go over with the brush, then I took some cotton wool, kitchen roll and antiseptic cream out for Mabs. She was so good, sat there whilst I bathed it and made sure there was nothing in it, then covered it with cream, no point in putting a dressing on it, she'll have it off before I've blinked and I've learned with these dogs they self medicate a lot. Once Lona's front dew claw was at right angles and I watched her put it back in place, lots of blood but it was right the next morning. Will check the paw tonight, but she is walking on it, should have seen her move when the sack of carrots came out, first in the queue Sadly for her she'll be on rest till it heals, and that will not go down well one bit.
I know what you mean Brenda, despite the fact that I do very in depth interviews and screen everyone, some get through the net, and then I end up rehoming them.I write it into my contract that they come to me first, and so far as I know anyway that is what happens and I've had to rehome some over the years. I keep in touch with everyone that I can so I can see problems rearing their ugly head and try to get them to see the puppy is best off with someone more experienced. I've had one where the puppy was doing really well at training and there were very visible signs of a vast improvement, unfortunately the owner wasn't learning at all, the minute that puppy changed homes it changed completely and is doing so well now its hard to believe its the same dog.
I always have a good book on the go LG. Mind you I like X Factor and I like Casualty and if possible I watch Dr Who because I like that as well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Poor Mabs, do you think it was glass? Annoys me how people chuck glass and don't think of anything being hurt...our Laney did his paw in the river but went through an artery. Bless little Zen is a good girl.
mum and dad have arrived and there is snow on the mountains, mum texted me a photo but i can't get photos on my phone.....i have no idea why i can't
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 03:19 PM
No it will have been a stone or something, she went where she's been hundreds of times and at the moment there's only us getting on there as it is really high, unless of course there's glass come down the river because it is very fast as well. Only the 3rd time in 10 years I've had a cut pad when on the river, last two times it was Lona. Will keep my eye on it, if I knew she'd leave it alone I'd get her to the vet, but if they stitch it there's is no chance in this world she'll leave it alone. She's sat there with one foot up looking pathetic, then the carrots come out and she's on 4 feet and over there in seconds
Got some cracking piccies of Zen, she is now looking so grown up, no puppy left in her at all and her orange bouffant has gone
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 03:20 PM
Mine is only a basic phone with text no camera but that doesn't bother me. I just pay as I go but then I rarely use it at all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 03:29 PM
i am on pay and go too Moyra...i just ring everyone and cut off and make them call me back Lol, it gave me some message telling me i'd to call them up and it is 25p a minute...they can s*d off, everyone can email me the pictures they want me to have Lol
TW, is it a front one or back one? for all back end related stuff i use those inflatable collars now...show much better than the buckets..better for the dog and a whole heap better for my shins Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Griff. I receive very few contacts on my mobile because it is turned off most of the time. I use it to contact Steve when he is fishing and that is about it.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Have a good night all, I am calling it quits as I am very tired and fancy an early night seeing as it is so cold in here. God bless all, night night.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Night Moyra, hope you get a good nights sleep
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Nite Moyra.
Griff it is her front offside paw. Been out now trying to have a look at it, far too busy holding down a full lambs neck with the sore paw, managed to hold it in the end and its not swollen and feels cool. Never got as far as putting anymore cream on it as it was whisked off me to carry on with its job I've got some of the Septiclense that LG recommended, so will spray that on it tomorrow, and maybe even be able to look at it, you never know.
Zen's got half a side of lambs ribs plus the tail to go at, Lona hanging about but Zen's not having any of it and warning her off, as she's nearly as big as her nana already and a growing girl, she also had half a pound of chicken and tripe with veg for her tea and it doesn't touch the sides. Poor Lona is starving to death of course, the look in her eyes tells me this She's just had a side of lamb ribs and practically inhaled it
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2015, 07:47 PM
Neither wonder it's not snowing here it's far too cold, it's absolutely baltic out there. Took Sammy out earlier and think I went a bit overboard with his clothes He had on his jumper which covers him right to his tail then I put a thick coat on him too. He was still able to walk though.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >