register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2013, 09:58 AM
LOL one of Cariad's was born in the garden. She'd had them all (as I thought) by 6pm so tucked her up in the crate with them. My friend (who had the father) popped over to see them later on, and about 11pm I took her out for a wee, and out popped a puppy, I left her to break the cord and clean him up and rushed back in for towels. Got him inside and towelled him dry, couldn't believe he was alive actually.
Didn't expect him to be with us the next morning to be honest, but he was. He was named Late Night Final
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2013, 10:11 AM
I sat up watching one of mine once and she sat watching me - then she sort of sneezed and a puppy shot out!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She's not far off. Just a word of warning as regards labour, I have had 2 of mine not give a sign of being in labour and given birth within a couple of hours.
Has she eaten at all
Still eating like a pig

Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
It sounds like she's not far off, I actually made a bed in the kitchen next to the whelping box when my girl was imminent, and will do so again in the future if I breed. As it turned out, it was a good job I kept a close eye on her as she eventually needed an emergency c-section, thankfully she came through absolutely fine, but there is no worse feeling than having to make that sort of decision and then having to sit and wait to hear any news. I hope your girl manages an easy whelp, but do keep a very close eye on her. It's not unusual for them to pop a pup out when they go to the loo, so follow her everywhere.
Yes I have been watching her like a hawk. We went to the grandparents for Thanksgiving and I was anxious to get home!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
LOL one of Cariad's was born in the garden. She'd had them all (as I thought) by 6pm so tucked her up in the crate with them. My friend (who had the father) popped over to see them later on, and about 11pm I took her out for a wee, and out popped a puppy, I left her to break the cord and clean him up and rushed back in for towels. Got him inside and towelled him dry, couldn't believe he was alive actually.
Didn't expect him to be with us the next morning to be honest, but he was. He was named Late Night Final
Wow that is unexpected!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I sat up watching one of mine once and she sat watching me - then she sort of sneezed and a puppy shot out!
LOL
No puppies yet! She is taking forever and making me anxious lol
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Not here yet then? Don't take your eyes off her! You have good advice from Tawney - she's the resident midwife here!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Whatever you do don't go out for half an hour because when you come back all Hell has let loose
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Still no puppies! She is licking a lot down there though. Hope they arrive soon! Temp is higher today, stomach is "moving" like puppies are kicking hard.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2013, 11:47 PM
The moving you are seeing may well be contractions, if she is cleaning herself that is another sign. They'll be out when they're 'done'
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Any pups appeared yet Monica?
Monica28
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2013, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Any pups appeared yet Monica?
Nothing yet. We went to my mom's today and while we were gone, it looks like she got some blankets out of her whelping box and moved them around. Do you think she will have them soon? I dont see why not, because she is so huge and full of milk!
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »