Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Not ONE of them occupied Lacey. Most of them not even in summer months.
OMG that's a sin So...they wouldn't even notice if the Duffy's took up residence in one of them...just for a month or so
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:04 PM
What a lovely record of your walk No wonder you love where you live ....... and thanks for sharing your walk with us I too am feeling tired now
Little Bella really is a little character and seems up for any challenge doesn't she.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Lovely photos and she obviously loves it there!

Thanks for sharing
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I envy you Bella a whole beach to yourself. She is having a great time.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:19 PM
I've only just made myself liven up a bit. Dragged her round the block and now she won't stop asking for food! I said enough's enough and she promptly took herself off to the bedroom (she does make me laugh).

Yes there are some lovely places here and as my life mostly consists of walking the dawg and wandering about and taking photos and taking in the sights it's nice to be able to do it where the weather is lovely and the winter is short and mild.

I live right in the middle between the two major tourist beaches (hardly ever go on those apart from when my family and friends are visiting). But like being 'where it's at' even if it is a bit noisy at times and untidy. Not noisy now - tourists mostly all gone. But you can ALWAYS find a deserted beach not very far away in Cyprus. I have some really special ones I love but they don't allow dogs and are a little bit further to get to for daily walks. Bella loves any beach, any water - actually she just loves anywhere! She is happy mooching round the big parkland, looking for lizards at the lake or even just walking the well trodden path round the fields down to the old Turkish cemetery and back - adjacent to our apartment.

But most dogs really love big wide open beaches - something about them seems to just make dogs RUN! She never gets that far away from me when we aren't on a beach.

This is the beach I used to use when holidaying here before I lived here. Used to stay in a nice little family hotel opposite it. Still go there now for an occasional day round their pool. It's right at the end of the Larnaka/Dhekelia 'strip' but this is the other main CTO beach for holidaymakers (mainly used in the other direction). Before Larnaka was developed as much this was where all the hotels and tourist stuff was. Lots of those are closed now as it's about 5 miles out of town.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:45 PM
She is gorgeous and you give her such an idyllic life

I know she shows her gratitude everyday - am I right?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
She is gorgeous and you give her such an idyllic life

I know she shows her gratitude everyday - am I right?
Absolutely Baxter!

(that must have been some other dog that pranced off with her head held high giving me the 'can't do nothing in this house' look just now) lol!

Did laugh down there when I thought she'd found a smooth white piece of driftwood that she was carting about in and out of the water, letting it drift and bringing it back again. I stooped to pick it up and it was a piece of white foam tubing. I looked at her and just said 'wimp!'

Just seeing any dog looking confident and happy and exploring without a worry in the world brings a big smile to my face but especially a little dog because they can so often be timid. I am perfectly happy wandering along behind her while she goes adventuring.

(And she's dead easy to rub off with a towel before she soaks my car!) I am going to take her down there again tomorrow. I saw a place where we can park without going round the playground.

Of course some people just drive right onto the beach. They really cheese me off. Imagine if everyone did it - wouldn't be much of a 'beach' would it? Be more of a blerdy CAR PARK!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3