Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Will let you know tomorrow how it went. xx
Was parked by the school in our local town this morning and of course there was a GSD in the garden of the house opposite, immediately thought about Ailsa.

GSD's are by far the most popular breed around here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Just caught up with your thread I am hoping all went for Ailsa today and that she will soon be back to the happy carefree girl she was.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks all. Well,the news is she had the operation this afternoon - they found a problem, not wanting to say too much about it! you may understand why!!! anyway she is coming home tomorrow. I have to pick her up from the hospital at 1 pm. He warned me that sometimes they have to stay in longer if there are problems so I am thinking that all went very well. A friend has offered me an upright pool that she can swim in if necessary, her own dog used it when he broke his neck. He was dealt with at the same hospital and she has nothing but praise for the vets there, so another good sign. I am cross that this wasn't picked up before; my original vet has been treating her for arthritus for 3 months or so now and each time I went back she could surely see her back end was deteriorating more and more but I was never offered an x ray until yesterday. The money I've spent on pain killers was completely unnecessary because she actually couldn't feel ANYTHING anyway and the farty mussel stuff wasn't pleasant for anyone...and of course she was getting worse all the time bless her. I like the vet, she speaks very good english and takes time and trouble to explain things and that's important but am disappointed with her this time. Still, my girl is okay and she's coming home - I am boracic, had to pay upfront -1500,00 euros which hurt and no doubt will continue hurting if the Insurance don't cough up but she's worth it and I don't need to eat much.....lol.....thanks for all your kind wishes and support. My [a social network] friends have been great too. Hubby is currently away (as usual when there is a crisis) so I am doing it on my own which is pants but everything is a learning curve I guess even at my age!xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Onwards and upwards now so glad it went well and the pool will most likely help her to recover and build that muscle mass.
Bet you can't wait for tomorrow.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
and I don't need to eat much.....lol....
You're an amazingly good person Gill. I have come to believe that what we get from our dogs can not be meusured in money.

When you see all the lies and deceipt that humans indulge in when in court it just makes you glad to have a dog as a companion.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
You're an amazingly good person Gill. I have come to believe that what we get from our dogs can not be meusured in money.

When you see all the lies and deceipt that humans indulge in when in court it just makes you glad to have a dog as a companion.
Can't say better than what Losos said. You are one of those people who will leave a 'hole in the world' when they go!

Your dogs are lucky. Very lucky. I still have everything crossed that the insurance co. do not start acting up.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 08:37 PM
For now, feet up, wee glass of wine, or whatever you fancy,have a rest Great news about the pool.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2013, 09:09 PM
So glad to hear that you will have Ailsa home again tomorrow - she is one lucky girl to have you to look after her
All the very best for a smooth recovery xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 06:17 AM
So pleased it was successful, I hope you and your vet can persuade the insurance company that this operation was necessary and has nothing to do with the HD, but knowing you, it wouldn't really matter anyway, there are 100 ways you can make beans very tasty! Good luck with Ailsa now.xxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Well, she came home yesterday. Bit of a nightmare getting her out of the car, but luckily I flagged a passing man down and he helped me get her into the bedroom. It was fairly traumatic to be honest. I have been told to put a towel under her belly so that she doesn't put undue weight on her back legs but it wasn't easy with two of us and bless her, as we got into the hallway, her bladder let go - she must have been holding it in for hours - I set up the crate and put her in. Took her out with the towel a few hours later but it was pretty impossible. I've put her next to the patio doors in the bedroom and set up the dog ramp outside but that's not working either. I'm just not strong enough - a friend came down to help this afternoon but again it was hopeless really. I think I'm just going to put down newspapers and if she needs to go then I'll just have to clear it up as and when. As she came out of the cage this morning, her leg got caught and she cried a lot which was very distressing for both of us. I've now modified the crate exit with a quilt. She seems okay in herself, the wound looks awful, half her back is shaved completely and into her tail. Her neck has also been shaved. She is eating rice and chicken and taking her meds at the same time. She is on anti- biotics, tramadol and nervobion. I'm hoping they will keep her pain free. This morning whilst she was out of the crate she laid on the carpet by the bed and started 'talking' to me as she does and it nearly broke my heart. She has been so patient and even when I'm sure she has been in some pain she hasn't taken it out on me or anyone else. She is a very special girl. Of course this would happen when I am home on my own wouldn't it - I am quite scared of her doing more damage when she stands up so am pretty much keeping her quiet in the crate. I don't know if anyone has got any other suggestions about what to do about her going outside? She weighs about 35 kilos - I am 7 stone 11 and 5 foot so bear that one in mind!
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >