register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Still thinking of you both, babies got their paws crossed and girlies send him big woo's
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Keep positive Nikki.

I remember going to fetch Loki home after one particularly nasty cluster of fits. He'd been sedated overnight and had the drugs to try to stop the fits ...

When we got to the surgery, I went to get him, all excited, leaving Steve and my little girl in the waiting room. He didn't know me. He collapsed, shaking on the floor on the end of a lead that wasn't even ours. I couldn't do anything and had to get Steve to go and pick him up and carry him to the car.

It was an awful night, he kept starting at noises and people and seemed confused. I feared the worst and honestly thought that was it, but the next morning, he recognised me and gradually he came back to normal.

I know it's not the same but I hope you see some hope there.
xxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2013, 07:18 PM
I have only just seen this, hope the news is better for you Nikki when you go to see him, lets hope he is back home soon.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 07:22 PM
My heart goes out to you, it really does.........poor Tai; you never know, where there is life there is hope so I will keep everything crossed.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Only just seen this, OMG how worrying for you {hugs}

I hope that he pulls through and that he can be helped in some way. If only the vets could have seen the plastic. Maybe he chewed it into tiny bits and it's gone through and will be passed? I'm no expert on the canine digestive system but hope that is possible ...

Come on Tai, you are a special boy for your mum.

Wys
x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Only just seen this. I am sending all my prayers to your beautiful boy that he will come through this. Come on Tai, I am sure you can do it. Bless you all.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Fingers tightly crossed for your boy - so hope he will be ok
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 09:00 PM
O guys, thank you so much for all those positive vibes and thoughts! We have just got my best boy back from the vets, and he is lying in the kitchen, very wobbly, but determinedly looking at the oven from which is emanating delicious roast chicken smells! He is absolutely not allowed to eat anything tonight, but will have some chicken for brekkie. If he keeps it down, and he should do because of the anti-emetic injection, then that will be good but the real test will be whether he keeps his din dins down tomorrow night. If he doesn't, then it will be back to the vet on Wednesday morning for another anti-emetic injection, and if the same thing happens again on the Wednesday night, then I am afraid it will be back to the vets on Thursday morning, but with no return trip home. There is absolutely no way that I am going to put him through another GA. The vet has said that his reaction to it will be worse the next time, so we just have to hope that these anti emetics work and that the plastic works it way through the 30 feet or so of small and large bowel and out the other end.

I am overwhelmed by all your kind remarks, thank you so much everyone xx nikki and woos from Tai and Ben
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 09:03 PM
OMG I have only just seen this. I am so sorry to hear about Tai. Everything crossed for Tai to come through this.
((((hugs)))) to you both.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 09:04 PM
What a brave soldier he is, give him lots of cuddles from all his rellies here and an extra special hug from me.

xxxxx
Page 5 of 27 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »