Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2013, 02:48 PM
fingers crossed for him xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Sorry that I missed this - too self-centred at the moment so please forgive me.

Everything crossed here that Tai will be OK.

{{{vibes}}} and (((hugs))) xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Lots of positive vibes from here for Tai.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:15 PM
O God guys, I've just had some good/bad news.

First of all, Tai went into cardiac arrest and died under the anaesthetic - they managed to bring him back, which is good.

However, the vets have been very naughty because they told OH that yes they had an endoscope and OH said good, because that means you may have a chance of being able to pull out what is obstructing the duodenum. At that stage, they never said no they couldn't do this because their endoscope isn't a very good one.

They are now saying that their endoscope is not capable of removing anything from Tai's stomach or the duodenum, and that it will cost £1k on top of the £400 already spent to operate and go in with the knife. This is very naughty - they should have told OH at that stage the truth, and OH would have thanked them for their honesty, paid the bill due so far and taken Tai to another practice where their equipment was more sophisticated/modern.

As it is, we have 4 choices:

1: Do a gastropathy - they have a gastroscope and can have a look with that and see if they can see anything. It is clear plastic we are looking for though, so not sure how easy that is going to be.

2: Do nothing, bring him round and bring him home.

3. Whilst he is still under the GA, go in right now and operate - at a cost of £1k, money we just do not have.

4. Don't bring round from the GA. I have to say this is a tempting option, but I cannot bring myself to do it, not until at least they have a shufti with the gastroscope. At a cost of a further £100, we still cannot afford that, but it is our duty and responsibility to increase the bill of £500, even though we don't have it, so I have given the go-ahead for the vet to do a shufti with the gastroscope.

My poor poor best boy, he does not deserve this. Please pray for him to whatever God, or other, that trips your trigger
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:18 PM
I hope Tai comes through this, poor boy. My thoughts are with you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 04:21 PM
OMG Nikki you are in the same place I was with Sasha, £1k for the blood transfusion (that I didn't have and didn't have a hope of finding) or tell them to do their very best with what they had, Sasha made it through, because she is of strong stuff and tough lines, she is a descendant of Tai's Mummy and Daddy and therefore he will make it, I know he will.
Sorry to hear of the problems during the op, that is just the worst news ever, so pleased they got him going again, you have an excellent vets there, they have proved it time and time again.
More hugs and kisses from Senior, Junior and Baby Norties and Me

((((((((((((((xxxxxxxxxxxxx))))))))))))))))
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:27 PM
We are no longer with Towcester vets, with the cost of petrol we had to change to a local vet A much cheaper vet too - we had to cancel our insurance on both Ben and Tai because we could no longer afford it. I am earning less now than I did 10 years ago as a legal secretary - I am now a medical secretary, and paid a pittance!

xx
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Prayers for Tai, that is wrong of the vets, will be looking for updates later
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Nikki whilst there is life there is hope, thinking of you both all the time

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't know what to say. It does seem extreme to operate when they don't actually know that the plastic is in there. Do they think the gastroscope will see it? And if it is there, what then?

Or could you bring him home and seek a vet with better equipment? Or is that too much for him after everything.

I know it's all expense you can't afford and I don't know what to suggest there.

I'm so sorry.

Can they not do something as a good will gesture, since they misled you over the endoscope? They've just put him under anaesthetic for a rubbish reason really, if the equipment wasn't up to it.
Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »