Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Honestly Nikki, if you could hear my "chats" in my prayers, you would pee yourself laughing. I mean I say these things out loud and Pereg listens very carefully while I hope that they reach the Deity to whom I believe.

I mean I will talk about "Nikki's Tai - but You might know her as Gnasher, that is "nasher" with a G" - I know, it all sounds so daft but that is just the way I am, and I try to remember names and mention them all I do really do my best to remember all who needs prayers, be they two or four-legged, actually having quite long one-sided conversations at times.

Does it help? I have no idea. I just know that even if it is only Pereg who hears me, at least to me they are prayers, and if someone asks then they are always added.

And like today when we have lost a couple of very special epis from the epi List, they will be mentioned with thanks for their lives and hopes for their now peace.

Just the way I am, I guess.
I would hope that no one would laugh at your prayers Malka. I think it is very kind of you to include people and animals you have never met in your prayers.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
I would hope that no one would laugh at your prayers Malka. I think it is very kind of you to include people and animals you have never met in your prayers.

Isn't it sweet!! I have prayed for friends and relatives, and their pets, but not a total stranger! It is very touching and very much appreciated
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Honestly Nikki, if you could hear my "chats" in my prayers, you would pee yourself laughing. I mean I say these things out loud and Pereg listens very carefully while I hope that they reach the Deity to whom I believe.

I mean I will talk about "Nikki's Tai - but You might know her as Gnasher, that is "nasher" with a G" - I know, it all sounds so daft but that is just the way I am, and I try to remember names and mention them all I do really do my best to remember all who needs prayers, be they two or four-legged, actually having quite long one-sided conversations at times.

Does it help? I have no idea. I just know that even if it is only Pereg who hears me, at least to me they are prayers, and if someone asks then they are always added.

And like today when we have lost a couple of very special epis from the epi List, they will be mentioned with thanks for their lives and hopes for their now peace.

Just the way I am, I guess.
Malka: please don't ever change!! You sound just the sort of person who I would love to have as a BF!!

Your prayers clearly have worked, because Tai really is very well. He has horrendous breath at the moment, and is farting for the Olympics, but I guess that only means another pair of something or other working its way through the colon!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
My "chats" are not like "please cure" so and so - if they were I would have been praying for Pereg to be cured, which I know is impossible.

But it gives me comfort to know that I thank HaShem for - well for, I give thanks for every day Pereg is seizure-free and ask for another day also sz-free - and. and then I start talking about all the Dogsey [and dogs on the epi List] and just talk about them, ask that they please be looked after - probably sounds as if I am nuts, especially when I forget names and say "oh, well You know who I mean".

But I did tell HaShem that Tai had apparently eaten another pair of your nikkies...

...ooops
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2013, 12:45 PM

But I did tell HaShem that Tai had apparently eaten another pair of your nikkies...

...ooops
Now that I can laugh at lol
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
My "chats" are not like "please cure" so and so - if they were I would have been praying for Pereg to be cured, which I know is impossible.

But it gives me comfort to know that I thank HaShem for - well for, I give thanks for every day Pereg is seizure-free and ask for another day also sz-free - and. and then I start talking about all the Dogsey [and dogs on the epi List] and just talk about them, ask that they please be looked after - probably sounds as if I am nuts, especially when I forget names and say "oh, well You know who I mean".

...ooops
I have googled HaShem and completely understand about the chats ... I am very flattered and honoured, and so is my boy to feature in your conversations - you sound so practical in your belief, not expecting an impossible miracle for Pereg. Having had a bloodhound who suffered from epilepsy, I know how upsetting and ghastly it can be. But I am glad you get comfort from your beliefs. Big hugs to Pereg, and touch wood re being seizure-free
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by merryvale View Post
Now that I can laugh at lol
Apparently he was sniffing round the washing machine yesterday - OH says I had left the door slightly ajar as there were soaking wet dog blankets in there from where git Ben had dived in the canal, and he found him foraging around looking for knickers and socks to eat. Luckily there were none in there. It is a nightmare trying to remember not to put things on the clothes horse to dry
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Ha Shem - The Name. Because we do not say or write the word G-d. Only in special prayers. Anyhow, yes, I do "chat" with HaShem about Pereg and about what has happened, and then include all the four and two-legged ones that need help,

And when I get stuck with names and which dog is called what and belongs to whom, it is "oh You know who I mean". Quite possibly sounds totally ridiculous to most people but I know what I mean and I am sure that HaShem also knows what I mean, and as soon as I have ended my "chat" Pereg climbs over me and cuddles up to sleep, and within a minute or two I am also usually asleep.

And yes of course I did tell Him that Tai had eaten another pair of your nikkies!
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Apparently he was sniffing round the washing machine yesterday - OH says I had left the door slightly ajar as there were soaking wet dog blankets in there from where git Ben had dived in the canal, and he found him foraging around looking for knickers and socks to eat. Luckily there were none in there. It is a nightmare trying to remember not to put things on the clothes horse to dry
I think I am soo lucky to have never had a knicker eater lol. I did many yrs ago have a bitch that at the age of 8 decided to eat tea towels but once she had eaten the middles out of 2 I put them out of her reach and as my OH never washed so much as a teaspoon much less dry dishes it was problem solved.
Page 27 of 27 « First < 17 24 25 26 27