View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Also remember that even though they have just dropped the price you are in a very good position as a buyer and it's usual to get at least 10% off the asking price.

As they are wanting a very quick sale, I'd push me luck with a very low offer first and when that's rejected ask how much to secure it. When you get that price, offer a few grand less

The bungalow I'm in now had just been reduced to £129,000. I got it for £110,000.

At first we offered a hundred thousand. they came back with £119 K so we said £110 K take it or leave it. They took it. Our house was sold so we were, in effect a cash buyer.

Good luck!!!

PS by the way, I'd have negotiated that £2,000 off also, but dave would probably have gone nuts with me - until, that is, he actually thought about it then it would have been his idea if it sealed the deal
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Also remember that even though they have just dropped the price you are in a very good position as a buyer and it's usual to get at least 10% off the asking price.

As they are wanting a very quick sale, I'd push me luck with a very low offer first and when that's rejected ask how much to secure it. When you get that price, offer a few grand less

The bungalow I'm in now had just been reduced to £129,000. I got it for £110,000.

At first we offered a hundred thousand. they came back with £119 K so we said £110 K take it or leave it. They took it. Our house was sold so we were, in effect a cash buyer.

Good luck!!!

PS by the way, I'd have negotiated that £2,000 off also, but dave would probably have gone nuts with me - until, that is, he actually thought about it then it would have been his idea if it sealed the deal :)
Yes, I'm thinking it could well be that dangling carrot they are waiting for from us! I remember having mum's apartment up for sale in Mallorca for months and months, then one day I said to her, we should reduce the price, and although she was reluctant to do it, we reduced the price and voila, our buyers walked into the agent's office that very afternoon and bought it for cash!

I've just had another £700 gas and electricity bill for last 1/4 and this is what has made me think along these lines, i.e. what are we doing here What with the vet's bill tomorrow for old Georgie, that'll be another grand I've gotta pluck out of nowhere this month and so it goes on!

Regarding an offer on that bungalow, oh yes, I'm gonna start at that bottom price of £225 don't you worry!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Would you like to be my internet advisor on how to get a bargain
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes, and mine please!!!! That was a huuuuuge reduction on a price like that Chris, well done you!!!

Dave's not happy about my latest update about that e-mail to our agent, so I told him, ok, we'll be back on the market for yet another year, and when we eventually sell for £20K less than we could have now, who's fault is it gonna be then????!!!

Do you know, I had FOUR agents ringing me simultaneously this afternoon, right up till 6pm tonight?!! I asked the last one, what's going on out there, has it gone too quiet for them or summat??!!! I managed to get some good info out of them too, the market is dire out there, and if you've GOT a buyer, then grab them by the whatever and hang on to them, coz the way the market's going it's one big car crash out there! Things that they have never experienced before, they are hearing day in day out, so in my opinion, the move I've made today has got to be the right one, but we'll know that by tomorrow!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 08:56 PM
My neighbour had his house up for sale for over a year with an estate agent that paid their staff a salary. He even reduced it by over £15,000 ! So he changes to one that pays the staff by commision only & sold it within days !

My new neighbours are lovely BTW a gay couple with no kids & two lovely rescue dogs
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Pure cheek and Yorkshire guile
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 01:49 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY IT WORKED!!! SOLD TO THE COUPLE WITH THE CASH!!!!

..... and only a £2K drop in price on our part!!!! Perfick!!!! I need a solicitor now so I'm busy phoning for a quote, but there's no purchase (yet!), so not only will we be homeless with the dog, but if Dave sells that garage this afternoon as planned, then we'll also be jobless!!! Oh Lordy, I hope somebody will take us in, but there's always that caravan!
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Huge congratulations Helena!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you! It's about time you had a bit of luck on your side. I'm sure everything will work out just perfectly for you. Fingers crossed all runs as smoothly as possible from here on in x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks Angie......but the mere thought of Dave being at home.......that's not so good!!!!!! I'll be setting up that business FOR him I can see that coming lol!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Congratulations, Helena. Hope it all goes very smoothly for you from now on.

Exciting times!
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »