View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 08:39 PM
I ordered a delivery with them once and would never ever use them again!

What happened was I ordered lots of special offer things and when the order came all the special offers had finished so it was an extra £7 on a small order. I said the website should have told me that the offers had ended for my delivery spot but they didn't-there was just some very small print stuff about special offers may be changed.

I rang up their contact centre and spoke to someone in India who asked me about Eastenders and then said had I got asthma! I spoke to their manager who also refused to give me a refund of the extra £7. Finally I rang the Norwich supermarket where the goods came from and spoke to the manager there who promised me a refund of the £7.

I guess their website may be better now as this was a few years ago but I don't like speaking to people in contact centres in India so use Tescos/Waitrose delivery now.
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorry you've had problems!

I've been ordering with them for ages (and ironically I used to work in the store I am now getting my on-line deliveries from.....) with no major problems.

But last week the order was a bit of a joke. The bloke turned up about 40 mins. early - no 'phone call to ask if that was ok or whatever. We had been out and literally only just got back in when he turned up. When I said 'you're lucky - we've only just got back' he was cheeky and said 'no I'm not that early - only 10 minutes and I would have waited' - oh yes of course you would - only you're standing on my doorstep with 4 green boxes of food. So would you have waited with all my food defrosting or what then??

Anyway. Then there were loads of substitutes including things like Coca Cola (what store runs out of Coca Cola for goodness sake?! ) and they sent Zero Coke instead. When I said I didn't want it the driver basically said 'why not? it's the same!' which really annoyed me!!

The other massively irritating thing was that yet *AGAIN* they hadn't bothered to separate out the substitutes so I had to root through all the bags to find the substitutes in the first place to find out what they'd sent me to see if I actually wanted to have them! And most of the substitutes were absolutely ridiculous and not suitable at all!!

I will be shopping elsewhere next time. I like the prices and the range of goods etc but the services has definitely got worse. I rang up to complain and was promised someone would call me back. They never did.

Now I'm waiting for my refund of the substitutes!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 10:51 PM
I love shopping with Asda online, been doing it for over 2 years with no problems other than some drivers getting lost! In fact I've got a delivery coming on Friday!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2012, 11:59 PM
We had big issues with Tescos, problems with Sainsburys but ASDA have been really good. You can tick at end of your order whether you want substitute or not, I always tick "no".
I really can't fault ASDA. Maybe we are just lucky.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Him I thought this might happen sorry my lorry broke down. .................................................. ........Him yes please do this is getting a joke with these vans.
Oh Lynn I'm really sorry about your troubles, when he did arrive did you get a look at his van, I would be very interested to know what make it was.

Years ago when I worked in London I sometimes walked past the 'home delivery' section of a major supermarket, what I saw made me make a mental note to never ever order anything other than canned goods from them

Of course we are a hundred years from getting 'home delivery' here
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 10:38 AM
I have worked for Tesco on the Legal Dept for 7 years. (don't know whether that's good or bad) But, before that, I used to order on line from T. No more. My orders came with cleaning products in the same bags as fruit and veg etc.

Now, at work when .com are busy, they ask me to pick their orders. I personally, am more fussy than I am with my own packing!!!! I have been out driving the deliveries when we have been short staffed, and got stuck in all sorts of out of reach places We have now got a new 'rule' - all substitutes are to go in blue bags not white so that they are easily identifiable.

The driver is supposed to explain what subs we have used, and one day when I was picking in store, (I knew which driver was going to deliver this particular order, and didn't particularly like him), and the customer had ordered condoms. I couldn't easily find the ones the customer wanted, so I substituted them.

I was imagining the drivers red face when explaining the sub Sorry if you was the customer
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2012, 10:47 AM
I've been getting home delivery for Sainsbury's - no problems so far and very impressed that they always find their way considering sat navs do not recognise the address and we are in the middle of nowhere.

Drivers always friendly, only the occasional substitute, and I get loads of free Nectar points from filling up the company car when driving all over the UK
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Tesco delivery turned up fine yesterday.

No it wasn't me that wanted condoms so you're ok.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2