View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I just wish I'd seen this earlier coz I would have sent them an e-mail too! It was bad enough this morning watching the news where the RSPCA showed us the cruelty cases on both channels, I felt sick inside I had only just got up and I had to watch some ar**hole kicking a staffie and lifting it up in the air walking down the road. God I felt so angry I was shaking!! Then when I got home lunchtime, I saw on my local news about a poor spaniel which they had rescued (I won't go into the details) and they had to remove one of it's eyes, but it was happy and rehomed now, but just the mere thought of what that poor dog had gone through made me feel sick again.One comment they made was they wanted more powers to prosecute these people as it was very worrying to them that if they could do this to an animal then what could they do to another human or a child. In other words, they think it necessary to add this about abusing humans, why? when it is bad enough that our poor animals have to go through any of this horrendous treatment anyway, and that's why we need some new laws and desperately! Makes my blood boil watching these horrible incidents captured by the RSPCA, and I know these people get off scot free. Oh yes, and they had another dog in the studio that had it's ears cut off by it's 19 year old owner!!! I wish I could cut his ears off - and more! I'm fuming now, sorry!
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Do you know what, I can't watch or even listen to those programmes, because it takes me weeks (and I mean weeks) to stop thinking about what I've seen and heard and to stop dreaming about them. I try and forget and the thoughts just keep popping back up into my head.

Even now I get "flashbacks" to things that I've read years ago, it seems weird I know, but I can't help it.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
Do you know what, I can't watch or even listen to those programmes, because it takes me weeks (and I mean weeks) to stop thinking about what I've seen and heard and to stop dreaming about them. I try and forget and the thoughts just keep popping back up into my head.

Even now I get "flashbacks" to things that I've read years ago, it seems weird I know, but I can't help it.
I know what you're saying RE, I can't watch the RSCPA advert on the telly without it upsetting me, and after last weekend, I couldn't sleep on the Sunday night, allsorts and what ifs running round my head - mail in 30 mins mate, Honest!!! Luv, Hx
Vix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I was at work so didn't hear it. You know what makes it worse...most of these people don't realise theyre doing wrong....they think its a game which usually ends in pain or death for these poor creatures. Its something i feel passionately about and encourage you to stand up to people and report cases of abuse. Each person can make a difference!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 07:52 PM
This is a bit late ... but ....

I heard it at work and when they said 'Should they go to jail for abusing an animal?' I said 'Yes most definately' out loud and my collegues heard it, I got told by a visitor 'That's stupid, you shouldnt put people in jail for that, murder yes, but that's a bit extreme, they're only animals' I felt like hitting her when I heard that

Then that bloody moron came on the radio who said He cant understand the silly British phenonemon for having pets. As he thinks he's a bit more realistic when it comes to animals. I dread to think what realistic is in his mind. I did like the idea though of a massive fine or take the house though, although you could never do that but it's a nice idea

x
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
Not a bad idea about the massive fine, payable or take the house though, monies could then go to the RSPCA? and as for that bloke that cut the ears of his puppy - people like that reeeealllly scare me, they're not right in the head
OMG how awful how could anyone do such a thing??
i missed the interview but for heavens sake it has to be put to people that animal cruelty is just not acceptable,, flaming indiots!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2