Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Yup it is! Probably a bit too big for him.. but he is a growing lad, he's got one in the freezer atm, it's got everything but the head (Teg - BC at top of page, had that) Just got to get the worming tablets for after he's eaten it - not a fan of blood or guts..

He and Benjie both get whole rabbits (when I've been to the butchers) and Sadie gets a half.. when her and Benjie are here..
So is rabbit fairly cheap???
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
So is rabbit fairly cheap???
From my butchers it is £4, gutted, headless and skinned. From the supplier we went to on Saturday it was £2, with everything, except mine - I asked for no head - I have pet bunnies who Louie is good friends with and he likes to lick the ears so I didn't want him getting any ideas

Just depends where you go - you could always get it free from the side of the road...
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Just depends where you go - you could always get it free from the side of the road...
lol I would not be able to do the skinning o.0''
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
lol I would not be able to do the skinning o.0''
Then don't - as long as you use a good wormer as some rabbits carry Tapeworm in their guts, then feeding roadkill (fresh and not squished) is perfectly fine..

The fur is really good as it "cleans them out"..
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Then don't - as long as you use a good wormer as some rabbits carry Tapeworm in their guts, then feeding roadkill (fresh and not squished) is perfectly fine..

The fur is really good as it "cleans them out"..
And have flea prevention also.

I've bought mine whole frozen rabbits before, as sold to reptile owners. Can't remember how much, but it was pricey; and looked very much like pet rabbits. Dogs loved them and ate them whole. If I could get a cheaper source of rabbit it would be on the menu more often.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
And have flea prevention also.

I've bought mine whole frozen rabbits before, as sold to reptile owners. Can't remember how much, but it was pricey; and looked very much like pet rabbits. Dogs loved them and ate them whole. If I could get a cheaper source of rabbit it would be on the menu more often.
And flea protection!

Some people breed rabbits specifically for food, I know some one who has a Mini Rex she rescued from a rabbits as food farming place..
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Yay little dog!
What a poor naked rabbit

Evie, some of those pieces of meat look too big for one meal, do they have it for a while then you take it off them?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
Yay little dog!
What a poor naked rabbit

Evie, some of those pieces of meat look too big for one meal, do they have it for a while then you take it off them?
I was wondering that too..
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
When I'm giving them large pieces like those to work on I feed a v small meal the day before and day after. Sometimes they'll leave some which I bag up and freeze for another day, other times they gorge. (Walks are taken well beforehand as well as after a big feed they just want to sleep.)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Some recent photos of my lot;

Lambs Neck

Turkey Back

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »