Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deva
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by jake
I don't appreciate you refering to my dogs breed in this way
Sorry - I have amended that as it did come out wrong. I refer to my dogs as little ******s all the time so didn't think about it.
deva
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
I agree with Jake generalisation does a lot of damage we could all do it about each others breed if we wanted to. Most of us have the sense to realise it is the owner at fault and not a particular type of breed in most cases.
I know it's the owners at fault (it was the owners I was getting at in my post) and it wasn't at all my intention of generalising, as (I hope) I've explained. I really obviously wasn't with it when I posted as it's ended up being so totally misconstrued. I'd just wanted to convey to the OP that I understood what she was going through, and also not be lulled into a false sense of security because her dog was larger. Obviously shouldn't have done. Now I remember why I lurk...back off I go...
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2005, 02:22 PM
No, don't lurk Deva. It's OK - we're all grown up and can listen to other people
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Don't go you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else. Sometimes on internet forums things can come accross different to how we intended. Everyone on dogweb is sensible enough to know that.

Of course anyone who thinks there breed is coming under attack will defend. Particularly if they have put a lot of effort into training their dog which I believe a lot of people on here have. As you have now stated yourself it is very much a question of the owners not the dogs themselves.I meet so many dogowners myself who are clueless and it's very very annoying.
deva
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Okay, one last shot...

Originally Posted by Dibley
As you have now stated yourself it is very much a question of the owners not the dogs themselves.
I'd actually stated that in my original post...

Why do so many people with small dogs allow such aggressive behaviour? ... Such irresponsible ownership...
Nothing about blaming it on any particular type of dog (aside from mentioning 'small dogs' admittedly - but that's because that's what the subject was about) - it was all about the owners.

Still...thank you and Dinahsmum for the sentiments about staying around.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2005, 04:16 PM
i have a staff bitch who was attacked several times by a jrt,she was always well behaved and came away from it and i would put her on the lead and call her away.the jrt was on a flexi lead and the owner used to just let it chase us,one day,my girl just snapped and really let rip,(very vocal,no biting from my dog)well the owner accused my dog of being aggressive,so i let her have it.there were a few people about who came over to see what was going on and who had also had problems with the dog and totally agreed with me that the owner was deliberately letting the dog attack.we got together and wrote to our local dog warden,they went out and warned the owner.if the woman wants her dog to roam the countryside buy a muzzle for it,there is no shame in a muzzle i see it as being responsible.definately contact the dog warden and get to know your rights if loki should retaliate,next time you see the woman try suggesting to her politely that if she knows the dog attacks other dogs perhaps it would be best to keep it on a lead or buy a muzzle.i really wish you the best of luck and hope your walks in future are stress free
sarah2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Interesting stories from a few of you. I know many similar stories but with every type of dog involved staffies,poodles, Great Danes, Rotties the list goes on and on.............................................
As staffies get so much bad press at the moment I am rather suprised some of you who own them wanted to jump on the bandwagon of lets attack the JRT breed however that's up to you as thankfully we live in a democratic society which allows everyone to do that.And besides it is a debate which belongs in another section not this thread in my opinion

Back to what this thread is actually about: the irresponsible owner of two dogs which could indeed be any breed of dog whatsoever.How did you get on Lucky star? Did you have any joy with the owner or indeed the dog warden. Give Loki a big hug from me xx
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5