View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-07-2005, 01:25 PM
lol LS your not weedy your just far to nice!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 03:14 PM
LS it must be very, very frustrating and seem's how the woman knows wot her dog is like and isn't doing anything about it must be making your blood boil.

You could do one of 3 things

1) Have a little chat with the woman about her dog
2) Just report her to the local dog warden
3) Find somewhere else to walk Loki

I know the third option isn't very fair on you or Loki but atleast it could avoid a potentialy dangerous situation where you could be the one to end up in trouble
Seems how Loki has confronted the JRT maybe it's scared the pants off this woman and she will keep her dogs on a lead or atleast put them on lead when she sees someone coming.

I hope something can be done soon cos it's not fair on you or other dog walkers in the area
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I would definately say something, Loki is being very tolerant and the other owner is being downright pig ignorant!
Dawn.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks again guys. I feel all empowered now.
Dawn - I love your forthrightness.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2005, 04:50 PM
some dogs do go for the bigger dogs because they feel threatened by the size difference.
we have it now and again with tob.............loki is only telling the jrt to go away if he wanted to hurt it he could easy but hes not like it.
at some point it could get worse as he will just get so p'd off with the other dog he will go into defence before it goes for him.
can you avoid the spot for a bit as you don't want it to become the norm for loki or him tar all little dogs the same.
we have done it with tob in the past you don't want it to happen on a regular basis and affect the way loki responsed to others because it forms a habbit.
i think she should keep them on a flexi they still get freedom but she can stop it before it does go for others, why should this dog spoil your walk or loki nature.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Awwwww poor Loki and poor you Linda

I know how you feel. I hate confronting people aswell

So if you can, report her to the dogwarden...

Its not fair, if you cant walk Loki there, just because of her dog(s).
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 04:59 PM
That's a good point, Leo, thank you. I don't want it to become the 'done thing' every time we go there.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi, LS! Have a word with the crone, and if she doesn't pay any attention, whip out your mobile and call the cops (or, at least, pretend to). Nobody relishes a visit from the chaps in the ill-fitting blue suits*, so you may get a bit of action with the threat ?????

Snorri
(* remembering Lothian & Borders polis, who couldn't detect poo in a choked drain)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Hi, LS! Have a word with the crone, and if she doesn't pay any attention, whip out your mobile and call the cops (or, at least, pretend to). Nobody relishes a visit from the chaps in the ill-fitting blue suits*, so you may get a bit of action with the threat ?????

Snorri
(* remembering Lothian & Borders polis, who couldn't detect poo in a choked drain)
:smt043 :smt043 Thanks Snorri.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2005, 05:10 PM
but if it happens there and regular he will be expecting to be attacked and be ready for it, i have been there with tob they get more alert because they are waiting for it.
if you go to the same place watch his body and see if his stance etc changes it will tell you if he already is.
some little ones never learn tob has told a few off shown his power / size etc but they keep coming.now as soon as he see's them hes ready to stand up for himself but at least he will play accept others like he should its just the ones he has had run in with in the past.
it doesn't take them long to lable the other dog and react to it. with 1 of them hes only got to see it and he can grumble because he is expecting it to start.
it really gets me going how can you give the dog a wide birth etc when they are in your dogs face but thats upto them to have control and give you the space too.
your not alone we get it some times not often but it does/has happened.
hopefully the jrt might have taken notice and think twice now or loki will step up his reaction to it.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >