Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Bob

It was two years ago to the day at 18:10 actually, that we took you to the vets knowing that you probably weren't coming home with us after your back legs gave out on a morning run.

Thank you to my Wife who held you, and stroked your head and repeatedly told you what a good boy you were, as the poison was injected into your veins and your heart started slowing before finally stopping, because I wasn't man enough to do it.
All I could do was look on distantly, trying not to breakdown completely as the nightmare unfolded in front of me as the Vet gently killed you, our best friend of 10 Years.

We never really knew how old you were, as you were billed as an optomistic 2-ish from the rescue centre, but you certainly gave us 10 of our happiest Years in your company.

Sleep well Bob, you were a truly special dog as was proved many times by your slowly converting people that were previously scared of dogs with your loving, totally trustworthy nature.

Can't quite believe just how much we still miss you. Time is supposed to be a healer but obviously a mere Two Years isn't enough to make an impact on a loss of this scale.

Loving you always,

Your family.

mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 06:13 AM
He looked so lovely. It is one of the hardest things to do but we mean the best for them and don't want them to suffer. We will never forget our darlings as they are the best companions you could ever wish for. xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Sorry for your loss xx

Im sure Bob is a bright star in the sky xx
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Time helps but it takes a very long time to be able to live without a very special companion

Run wild run free sweet Bob xx
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Feel so much for your loss-
please dont think that you werent "man enough to do it"-
your post shows how much you loved Bob and Ive no doubt that he knew it
Its the final act of love for a "best friend" but such a terrible thing to go through

We have only had to have 1 of our dogs Ginger P.T.S -and ,like your wife did-I was the one who held her on my knee
We had taken her in 17 yrs earlier as a stray aged 7 mths

We lost our last dog Lulu only 4 mths ago suddenly,she was a rescue we had had her for 14 yrs,her "brother" has dementia and I am dreading the time when we may have to make a decision to let him go

Thinking of you and your family
Maureen
Murv
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words all, much appreciated

Chris
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't think it ever gets better we just learn to accept and live with the loss.

He was a handsome lad and had a lovely soft gentle look about him. He reminds me a bit of my Max in looks who sadly we lost 9 years ago.

It is so hard having to let the vet give your dog release I know I have done it twice now and it is never easy. It is the kindest thing we can do for them when they can no longer cope with this life.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh Chris, we feel your pain here.

We had to have our lovely girl PTS just two weeks ago today.

Both Barry and myself were there, and told her we loved her.

We were sobbing....

Hugs hon xxx