Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AlanR
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-07-2005, 10:44 PM

Molly

Molly, my gorgeous cat is starting to show the signs of age. She was 23 on May 16th. She has now grown very weary and tired, she has had a few very small stokes in the last few weeks. The vet has told us that there is nothing he can do, she is not suffering, and not in any pain or distress. We just want her to be happy and spend the last, how ever long she has to be with us and happy. She sleeps most of the day and comes to us when she wants a love, or a cuddle. She still eats well and has her daily dish of smoked ham and the odd cheeses and onion crisp!!! Life with Molly is wonderful, life without her will be empty, she has been with me for 13 years............rescued from a life of hell, but has spent 13 years of constant love, and has given more back than any lottery win could provide.
When we come home from work, its hard to look for her just incase she has slipped away, but as yet she always has a purr and has to be carried for about 10 minutes until she decides its time for a nap. At night she sleeps next to me and every hour or so she nudges my face just to let me know she is ok
Rainbow Bridge beckons, but we still need her to stay for a while longer, we are not ready to let her go just yet...........Just a little longer of that gorgeous face and the look that says I love you so much.
We love you so much MOLLY xxx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-07-2005, 10:49 PM
so sorry to hear Molly is not doing too well She sounds a lovely cat. We lost our cat in November last year, he was 15 years. Life is so quiet without him around
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Aww what a post Alan.

I'm sitting here crying now.

Molly sounds like a wonderful cat I'm sorry she isnt feeling well, but atleast she's had 13 plus good years with you.

I have one myself, but he's "only" 9 years old. I love him so much.

Hopefully Molly will tell you when its time to go.

Hugs Jeanette
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 07:19 AM
That brought tears to my eyes, she sounds like a very special girl, hope she is with you for a while yet...
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Im so sorry! she sounds wonderful
Best wishes xxx
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
poor you Alan
Understand your feelings entirely but don't be too selfish. If she needs to go, let her. It's your final duty and your final privilege. "Better a day early than a day late"
{{{{hugs}}}} to you. Be strong.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2005, 04:25 PM
So sorry Alan about poor Molly and what a grand old age she is too. Please be ready to let her go soon Alan when she is ready you will know, be strong, you love her too much to let her be in pain don't you. Poor girl, we know how much you will miss her, but you must be strong and do the right thing when the time comes. All the best Alan.x
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Aw so sorry to hear that she sounds lovely
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 08:34 AM
She sounds like a lovely cat and you have given her a wonderful life.
:smt052
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 10:13 PM
aaww - give Molly girl a big hug from me - ur story just made me cry !!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >