Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
yeah it was bright red blood ,vet said the same cause she been straining ,she has got diarehha now ,and is on promax and salazopyrin tablets .
At least she is drinking now
but she is still really rough .
I been up since 4.00am this morning and all night the night before .
Lets just hope her urine problems dont start up now
Well, at least you know it's probably a nasty bug that she's got rather than something serious going on inside, and it will soon pass now. I think mine went on for the whole 4 days that mine was on the ab's, but thankfully, we're all back to normal here now and you will be soon I hope. Good luck with her, I'm so sorry you've had another sleepless night, but you can't help but want to be with them at times like this can you, we'd all be the same.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, at least you know it's probably a nasty bug that she's got rather than something serious going on inside, and it will soon pass now. I think mine went on for the whole 4 days that mine was on the ab's, but thankfully, we're all back to normal here now and you will be soon I hope. Good luck with her, I'm so sorry you've had another sleepless night, but you can't help but want to be with them at times like this can you, we'd all be the same.
Yeah i hope it is just a normal bug ,
At the moment the vet is suspicious it could be campylobacter ,she has had this before and its nasty , he wants a poo sample tomorrow , i really hope it isnt this ,as my other dogs could catch it , and its hard to get rid of and it makes them quite ill
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Hello to everyone ,
I really really need some advice at the moment ,i cant watch her in pain for much longer without trying something Its horrible watching her in pain.
Lady cant have her painkillers and she has hip displaysea in her left hip she is getting really sore ,and is skipping on her back leg ,the vet says he cant give painkillers and i really need some advice
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh Donna, I feel so sorry for you and Lady. I wish I had some suggestions for you but I haven't.
I hope someone comes along with some ideas soon.
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:03 PM
The only thing besides painkillers I got any result from for hip dyplasia was a bioflow magnet collar... they don't come cheap but I was amazed at my old boys improvement. Really feel for you and lady.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by brophy View Post
The only thing besides painkillers I got any result from for hip dyplasia was a bioflow magnet collar... they don't come cheap but I was amazed at my old boys improvement. Really feel for you and lady.
Thankyou
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Hey guys sorry got a bit of bad news tonight , my other dog tanya has got diarrhea its just like water , i phoned vet up and he said he wants a poo sample off her tomorrow aswell and he wants to see her tomorrow morning at 9.30 am
she is soo tired now .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by spottydoggy View Post
Hello to everyone ,
I really really need some advice at the moment ,i cant watch her in pain for much longer without trying something Its horrible watching her in pain.
Lady cant have her painkillers and she has hip displaysea in her left hip she is getting really sore ,and is skipping on her back leg ,the vet says he cant give painkillers and i really need some advice
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this If the vet says she can't have any painkillers, then that's probably because whatever medication he's already given has got some kind of painkilling element to it, maybe some steroids? They can't give any form of painkilling relief if he's administered steroids of any description I do know that, but the steroids will also help with the pain if she's had some.

Re that campylobacter, I've been there myself, I almost died for 4 days, the pain was incredible, so if she's got that, then I truly feel her pain! Let's hope that stool sample comes back negative for that though. I've got one at the vet's myself for Zena coz of her recent sickness, and tomorrow I will have the result (it takes 4 days at my vets coz they had to send it away).

I honestly don't know what to say, there's no point ringing the vet if he's already told you she can't have any painkillers, so the best thing for her is just to sleep, keep her quiet and still, put her water next to her bed, and hopefully by morning she'll be heaps better. All the very best with your dear girl, this must be so awful for you having to see her like this, it would have me in shreds.
spottydoggy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh I'm so sorry to hear this If the vet says she can't have any painkillers, then that's probably because whatever medication he's already given has got some kind of painkilling element to it, maybe some steroids? They can't give any form of painkilling relief if he's administered steroids of any description I do know that, but the steroids will also help with the pain if she's had some.

Re that campylobacter, I've been there myself, I almost died for 4 days, the pain was incredible, so if she's got that, then I truly feel her pain! Let's hope that stool sample comes back negative for that though. I've got one at the vet's myself for Zena coz of her recent sickness, and tomorrow I will have the result (it takes 4 days at my vets coz they had to send it away).

I honestly don't know what to say, there's no point ringing the vet if he's already told you she can't have any painkillers, so the best thing for her is just to sleep, keep her quiet and still, put her water next to her bed, and hopefully by morning she'll be heaps better. All the very best with your dear girl, this must be so awful for you having to see her like this, it would have me in shreds.
Thankyou soo much
no she hasnt had any steriods yet ,but the vet said if she has her pain meds her tummy will get even worse , and she will probably been even sicker
my other dog has now started with the bug
the vet has to send the sample off aswell but it usually only takes 3 days .I hate seeing them unwell like this ,and now i have to try and split myself in half ,they are both crying tonight
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Am so sorry your other dog is unwell now too n hope the vet can find out what's going on asap, thinking of you all x
Page 6 of 29 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »