View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-11-2010, 06:18 PM
It's time for me to feed the hungry bears and for OH & I to eat too.........but I will return latter tonight for your update
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Poor Mo So glad she is home now

Really hope that's the end of it now, and she's feeling better x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh Jenny, my heart was in my mouth reading this. Hope she's home with you now and getting pampered xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:05 PM
So sorry to be so long updating, I had to have an egg and chip butty and a large glass of wine first.
Mo is home now but on anther planet, she is so drowsy. The vet said we could have left her there another night but we wanted her home.
She had to be sedated for the x-ray and bloods have been done.
The results; the blood picture is normal, the x-rays show no calcification or tumours. Unable to see a slipped disc but they're not always obvious on x-ray because they are not radio opaque There is a specific investigation to see a slipped disc which involves an injection of dye. They cannot do this with Mo because it would affect her heart.
The best treatment for any inflammation in her neck would be steroids ..... but guess what she can't have them because of her heart condition.
So she is to continue with Metacam and Tramadol.
I was heartened when the vet (who is brilliant) told me she had consulted with the vet who diagnosed and treated her heart from the beginning. They really have pulled out all the stops.
She is going back for a check tomorrow.

Do you think Currys would take back the washing machine I ordered on Tuesday? It's the same price as todays vet bill
Thanks for all your kindness and thoughts, it would take for ever to multiquote you all but you are all great
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh Jen, you poor thing, and it sounds like you're still not out of the woods completely with her. Your vets do sound brilliant, you must have every faith in them that they will be able to help dear Mo out of this. I'm so, so sorry Jen, but at least you have her home, and I hope with all the hope I have, that by tomorrow morning she's back to her old self again and it was a case of shock. Oh bladdy hell Jen, what these dogs put us through hey!!! Lots of postive vibes still winging their way to you all, and lots of hugs for you.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
So sorry to be so long updating, I had to have an egg and chip butty and a large glass of wine first.
Mo is home now but on anther planet, she is so drowsy. The vet said we could have left her there another night but we wanted her home.
She had to be sedated for the x-ray and bloods have been done.
The results; the blood picture is normal, the x-rays show no calcification or tumours. Unable to see a slipped disc but they're not always obvious on x-ray because they are not radio opaque There is a specific investigation to see a slipped disc which involves an injection of dye. They cannot do this with Mo because it would affect her heart.
The best treatment for any inflammation in her neck would be steroids ..... but guess what she can't have them because of her heart condition.
So she is to continue with Metacam and Tramadol.
I was heartened when the vet (who is brilliant) told me she had consulted with the vet who diagnosed and treated her heart from the beginning. They really have pulled out all the stops.
She is going back for a check tomorrow.

Do you think Currys would take back the washing machine I ordered on Tuesday? It's the same price as todays vet bill
Thanks for all your kindness and thoughts, it would take for ever to multiquote you all but you are all great
Thats great news in the main, but Ill say again, a Greyhound vet is your best bet, or one of the animal chiropractors.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:17 PM
SO sorry to read this about Mo. I hope that she improves very quickly. Try to get some rest tonight.
xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:22 PM
So very pleased to see that Mo is home where she belongs. Hope you all have a restful evening. Gentle hugs from all of us here. xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh after reading all of this, I need a glass of something myself.

Good luck to you and Mo...my fingers and toes are crossed xx
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Glad Mo's back home, hope she's ok xx
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »