View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone. Jake is back home now, and his wound looks horrific. I have been crying all day, I cant stand to see him like this...

He has been all stitched up but the vet said it is worse than she first thought. The wound is about 4 inches long, but there is a pocket above the wound that has no cut. She said the skin has pulled away from his body, and has stitched that together so it can heal. He doesnt seem in pain but is whining about his buster collar, which he has to keep on for 10 days. He is on painkillers and antibiotics and needs to go back on thursday.

I have no idea what caused this, but I went back to where it happened to have a look. The trees are on a steep hill, and I found a broken wine bottle so my thinking is that he was running below the bottle, which was sticking out and caught him. I will never know, but the cut looked too clean to be a branch or something, whereas if it was ragged then thats what I would think caused it.

I will try and post a pic, but im on my mob so not sure how, or if I can, get pics on there...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh Lauren please know that you will be feeling far worse than Jake! He is just miffed because he has to wear a silly collar but he'll be over this and fine really soon. Of course you feel awful, it's the worst thing ever to see your pet with any kind of injury. Hugs to you both. xxxxxxxxxx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks everyone. Jake is back home now, and his wound looks horrific. I have been crying all day, I cant stand to see him like this...

He has been all stitched up but the vet said it is worse than she first thought. The wound is about 4 inches long, but there is a pocket above the wound that has no cut. She said the skin has pulled away from his body, and has stitched that together so it can heal. He doesnt seem in pain but is whining about his buster collar, which he has to keep on for 10 days. He is on painkillers and antibiotics and needs to go back on thursday.

I have no idea what caused this, but I went back to where it happened to have a look. The trees are on a steep hill, and I found a broken wine bottle so my thinking is that he was running below the bottle, which was sticking out and caught him. I will never know, but the cut looked too clean to be a branch or something, whereas if it was ragged then thats what I would think caused it.

I will try and post a pic, but im on my mob so not sure how, or if I can, get pics on there...
Oh no that's awful! Glad you him him back home with you now & I can only imagine how shaken up you must be. Blimey you just never know what's out there do you!
Hope Jake has a speedy recovery, a big cuddle form us for him xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys. I know im probably feeling much worse than him, especially with the painkillers and the fact he is fast asleep lol. It was just horrible to leave him and see him unhappy but the vet did say 'i cant believe your tail is still wagging with a wound like that', as jake was trying to lick her lol. He will hopefully feel better tomorrow.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Poor Jakey boy. What an awful day you've both had. Keep your chin up Lauren, the worst is over now. Give him a hug from me and Tilly sends sloppy terrier kisses. Hope his recovery is a swift one. xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks Geri, jake loves the cuddles! And he has been a very cuddly boy today. Still trying to figure out how to get a pic on, might need to use my mums mobile as hers is better.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:04 PM
You must be so glad to have him home! It's awful when they're hurt but almost worse when you can't be with them!!

I remember Kia with that evil collar.. He'll soon learn how to use it as a weapon if he's anything like her!!!

Hugs to you both and Kia sends some slobbery kisses! (They always make you feel better )

Get well soon Jake!

Sarah xoxox
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Thanks .

Jake is a nightmare with the collar. He keeps battering it off our legs, and when he walks into something (which is happening a lot) he just stands looking confused rather than try and get around whatever it is lol.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Poor Jake, I'm glad he's back home with you. Hope he heals quickly xxx
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Thanks .

Jake is a nightmare with the collar. He keeps battering it off our legs, and when he walks into something (which is happening a lot) he just stands looking confused rather than try and get around whatever it is lol.
Oh I know that look! Has he mastered holding his head up yet? Kia seemed to think the collar weighed a tonne and kept sitting looking at the floor... Made us all feel really rather sorry for her but I think that was just her plan all along!

And be prepared for bruises... Lots of bruises!

S xoxox
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »